News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

New Texas Faire--March 2010--Looking for Stage Acts

Started by rengypsy, June 19, 2008, 05:08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rengypsy

There will be a new faire--Sherwoord Forest Faire--opening its gates in March of 2010.  The grounds--105 acres total w/approx 40 acre faire--will be located in an oak/pine forest 35 east of Austin, Texas on U.S. Highway 290.

We will open with four stages.  Four performances a day.  Four weekends--to grow to six weekend the following year.

Camping on the grounds during the entire season for participants is permitted.  Showers/Toilets.  Special events during the week to build a sense of community.  Drumming, Pot lucks, Talent Shows, Open forums around campfires...and the like.  The Faire will have Rescue as its primary charity.  Support your own.

It will be a small show, but well managed and laid out.  I think all who participate and attend will be impressed.  Expecting attendance for first year to be in the neighborhood of 30,000-50,000. 

The era will be Merry Olde England, 1189.  Richard has just won the throne from his father, Henry II.  His mother, Elenor is in her home in Aquitaine, France.  Richard is less interested in the affairs at home than with fighting Saaldin in the Holy Lands...and the Sheriff of Nottingham's selfish and cruel antics have resulted in a lesser noble, Robin of Loxley, to assemble a band of outlaws who combat his horrid actions with antics of their own. 

Robin and his Merry Men have nestled into Sherwood Forest, on the outskirts of Nottingham.  It is spring.  The common folk have gathered within the Forest . . . under the protection -- not of the Sheriff -- but of Robin . . . to celebrate the rebirth which March brings.

There will be a forested area whence come the creatures of fantasy and fairie. 

The Pub, open day and nite, will be named after the oldest operating pub in England--Ye Olde Trip to Jerusalem.

Consider being part of a great creation of what we all desire to believe in and hope for--a festival which is true to the ideals of fun, respect, play, imagination, and community.

rengypsy
it's all about the journey and the people we choose to make the journey with

jarethmorgan

Just wondering if anyone has contact information for this new faire? It sounds like it may be a great opportunity.

rengypsy

the website should be up by the end of july. 
we are excited about the faire...and are hoping it will be a passionate attempt at bringing together the best of what the renaissance festival experience can be.
rengypsy
it's all about the journey and the people we choose to make the journey with

Sir Martin

Good luck on this new faire ... I'm looking forward to attending.

Autouloucous

Ahoy all,

I am Autouloucous Crookfinger, and i will be working with rengpsy on this new festival-- especially with directing and organizing performers.   We plan to try a lot talent that is not as well known as some other acts as we will be trying to get our feet off the ground--- so we will be trying to help performers do the same.  We envision a guild system where performers will build up seniority as they work/play with us, and prove thier metal on the field.  A new performer will be considered an Apprentice, working towards the next level of Guildsman or Guildswoman.  Then when we feel we have a somewhat permanent act on our hands, who is generating business, and contributing a great deal to the atmosphere/identity of the fair, that performer will be recognized as a Master.

Let me know your interests, your talents, your schedule

Our Festival will take place in the time of RobinHood--- i think not quite 1200 a.d.-----not quite the Renaissance yet, you may say--- but this will be very much in the spirit of a FantasyFaire--- we will have plenty of anachronism, including Shakespere, Hobbits, fireworks,etc.  All acts and products that existed (or might have existed) between from the middle ages through the renaissance will be welcome.  We want a myriad a fairies, goblins, etc. playing throughout our heavily wooded acres. We want Pirates at the shipwreck on our pond. Druids, celts, swashbucklers, merrymen/women, knights, fools, wenches, dragons.

Let's collide imaginations, and get started NOW! 2010 is not a space oddity; it's around the corner-- and we need all the time we can get to put this thing together.  The head Hancho of this opperation is ----rengypsy----. As soon as we close on the land, and can officially occupy it, he plans to hold council around a keg of fine ale with those of you who are interested in this project. That should happen in late july or early-mid august. 

Performers, contact me at crookfinger@gmail.com ------------and tell your craftpeople to contact rengypsy. Thanks for your interest-------AC