News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Food

Started by Shoni the Shilent, June 19, 2008, 05:12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mischief Snicklebritches

I would have totally agreed with Cap'n Spleen about the Steak on a Stake until he called it an Elephant Scab. Thanks alot Spleen, now my resolution to not eat red meat only sometimes, had morphed into "never for the rest of my bleedin' life." So thanks for that.  :P

But if you are still inclined to eat the red meat....*gags* the steak on a stake on the cheese bread is fabulous. And to heck with all of the wheat and raspberry beers....all you need is a good tankard of Cider. Its amazing. The fried pickles are good, and I will agree with the green beans, though, Im fairly certain I am allergic to peanuts, so I usually just eat them plain, or with the ranch that comes with the fried pickles...yummo.

Scotch eggs are good any time of day as far as Im concerned. But for brekkie, nothing beats an Iced Chai (or in my husband's case, an Iced Dirty chai...it just has a shot of espresso) and a spinach and feta croissant. to DIE for.

Well. there's my two pence oxoxox
How do I know I haven't missed it?!...what if it WAS the chicken!

Shoni the Shilent

Quote from: Ginger on June 20, 2008, 01:12:07 AM
Quote from: Shoni the Shilent on June 20, 2008, 12:03:37 AM
Capt Spleen wins due to using the word HOT 8 times
and cause wheat beer is for some reason oh so much better.

And I did get yelled at on Sunday for not ordering fish. I dont know who was yelling, I was far away. Called me a sissy and everything

The chances are pretty high it was me, actually am really sure it was me if you were wearing a kilt, because I was going to yell something about needing to prove that it was a kilt and not a skirt, but Elyse told me not to because last year.... we got flashed by a kilted man :P

That was most certainly you then, and its a good thing you didnt, you may have seen way too much, even if you were really far away.

Demetrius

Quote from: Lady Remi on June 20, 2008, 12:22:43 PM
I would have totally agreed with Cap'n Spleen about the Steak on a Stake until he called it an Elephant Scab. Thanks alot Spleen, now my resolution to not eat red meat only sometimes, had morphed into "never for the rest of my bleedin' life." So thanks for that.  :P

But if you are still inclined to eat the red meat....*gags* the steak on a stake on the cheese bread is fabulous. And to heck with all of the wheat and raspberry beers....all you need is a good tankard of Cider. Its amazing. The fried pickles are good, and I will agree with the green beans, though, Im fairly certain I am allergic to peanuts, so I usually just eat them plain, or with the ranch that comes with the fried pickles...yummo.

Scotch eggs are good any time of day as far as Im concerned. But for brekkie, nothing beats an Iced Chai (or in my husband's case, an Iced Dirty chai...it just has a shot of espresso) and a spinach and feta croissant. to DIE for.

Well. there's my two pence oxoxox

Yeah, where does that Cap'n Spleen get off callin' it an elephant scab?  The shame.... the shame....   ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
Truth teller of exceptional proportion...
Proud to be a part of the Colorado Renaissance Festival...

Zoë

And I did get yelled at on Sunday for not ordering fish. I dont know who was yelling, I was far away. Called me a sissy and everything

The chances are pretty high it was me, actually am really sure it was me if you were wearing a kilt, because I was going to yell something about needing to prove that it was a kilt and not a skirt, but Elyse told me not to because last year.... we got flashed by a kilted man :P

Probably the same guy who flashed me.  I had all but forgotten it until now. 
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Nixie

See here you....

there's a whole meal in a royal slice of pizza, don't even lie to yourself its completely and entirely true.

you got veggies, meat, carbs, and NO need for silverware, unless of course your quirky that way.
Thusly it beats stew in a bread bowl, thats right.

Also, I suggest the artichoke if you feel like spoiling yourself. Simply cause artichoke is heaven in an oddly shaped plant.

a_chromatic_sea

I'm partial to Steak on a Stake and Garlic Mashed Potatoes. Especially when it's chilly and rainy, the garlic mashed 'taters.

Blushing

My "twin" works at that booth ... I really like the cheesy smashed potatoes ...
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

Adriana Rose

I just found the burritos! they are soooooo tasty! and the Queens Apples, carmel, whipped cream and apples! yummy!

Aislynn

We discovered pork wings this weekend, which were fabulous... just a little small.

Princess Alice

Quote from: Shoni the Shilent on June 20, 2008, 03:56:28 PM

That was most certainly you then, and its a good thing you didnt, you may have seen way too much, even if you were really far away.

Haha this was us...we tend to harrass to try and get customers.  No better way than to question someone's manhood!  =P
Real Men Eat Fish.

Princess Alice

dessert: cheesecake on a stick.

yummm :]
Real Men Eat Fish.

Tanda

Chocolate covered strawberries.
Chocolate covered marshmallows.

And let's not forget the drink of the Goddess. Frozen Mocha. Chocolate and coffee! Cold! with sprinkles! Does it get any better?
o/` I'm a little teapot...o/` No, I'm not, that would be silly. ::)

Adriana Rose

good goddess I am hungery now!

Merlot

No kidding!  FEED ME!!   :D
Whirly Jig
and
Colorado Rogues

Demetrius

Quote from: Nixie on June 21, 2008, 10:20:44 PM
See here you....

there's a whole meal in a royal slice of pizza, don't even lie to yourself its completely and entirely true.

you got veggies, meat, carbs, and NO need for silverware, unless of course your quirky that way.
Thusly it beats stew in a bread bowl, thats right.

Also, I suggest the artichoke if you feel like spoiling yourself. Simply cause artichoke is heaven in an oddly shaped plant.

See where who?

How does one eat an artichoke?  At least with the smothered burrito you get to eat the whole thing- including the paper bowl if you want.

All you fish mongers- everything goes better with chocolate- 'oh that this too too sullied chocolate would melt...'
Truth teller of exceptional proportion...
Proud to be a part of the Colorado Renaissance Festival...