News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Driving up from Texas

Started by Hercules, June 18, 2012, 10:23:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hercules

Greeting! Head wench and I will be driving up from Dallas/Ft. Worth for opening weekend of faire!

Was wondering if anyone had suggestions on lodgings and other local attractions to see while visiting?

Thanks in advance for any help!  ;D
Save the Earth (it's the only one with beer)!

Gauwyn of Bracknell

We stay at the Best Western in Chaska - very reasonable and a few minutes from faire.  There are usually quite a few staying there.

Don't miss Vilification Tennis
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

MissBubu

If Best Western is full, I recommend Oak Ridge. They have a shuttle to fest grounds.

You can always hit Mall of America, they have the aquarium. The University of Minnesota Landscape Arboretum is beautiful. Not sure how long you'll be here, but if you have a free night, the theater in the metro is fantastic!

Hercules

Do many of the lodgings have shuttles?  ???
Save the Earth (it's the only one with beer)!

MissBubu

Some do, some don't. Here's a list of the most likely to have a shuttle. http://www.renaissancefest.com/hotels.html

The closest to site is the Best Western Chaska, which is why it fills up so quickly.

Lady Kett

Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on June 18, 2012, 11:34:47 AM
We stay at the Best Western in Chaska - very reasonable and a few minutes from faire.  There are usually quite a few staying there.

Don't miss Vilification Tennis

Ditto this on both counts!

Not that I get to go this year, just living vicariously through others...and their photos! :)

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Just got reservations today at Best Western. They have had a shuttle in the past.
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell