News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Tremendously Welcoming

Started by Earl of Surrey, October 17, 2011, 07:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Earl of Surrey

The Countess and I want to thank all the folks of the Kansas City Festival for their incredible hospitality - in particular Michel L'HonnĂȘte the Shoemaker and his father Butch.  Michel greeted us on Saturday to talk a bit of shop about leather (he saw the Countess and me in our tooled leather armor) and then introduced us to all kinds of folks on Sunday.

We can only assume it was his or his father's doing that we got to participate in High Tea and the Mayor's Joust.  They were both incredible treats.  For our part, we hope we lived up to the festival's high standards. 

And... we have to say that this has got to be one of the hardest working casts there is.  These folks were everywhere - in street, on stage, and in special events & scenarios.  Very impressive... Hosa!!

Thank you KC for a fabulous weekend.
--The Paris Hilton of the 16th Century--

The Earl and Countess of Surrey  (off with my head, on January 19, 1547)

kcdcchef

Earl of Surrey - very VERY glad our little faire was such a delight to you. We are quite proud of it ourselves.

Butch

Earl and Countess of Surrey (NOT Squirrelly!), it was certainly my pleasure to show you what little of Canterbury I was able to show to you!  As we said, we visited before, during, and after the Faire!  (not too much between there!).  Michel (Michael) is owed all of the credit for filling your dance card; I was just an humble Mariner visiting from Calais.  He was the one who knew everyone, and introduced you to the Lord Mayor and family.  I am so glad you enjoyed our lanes!  I am a bit sorry that you were not able to catch much of the entertainment, as you were kept busy as VISITING DIGNITARIES!  Also, am so glad we got to discuss as much as we did at the end of the day!

I only wish you had met some of the other board members who frequent our lanes; Gem, Tamtaro, and Delerius to name but a few!  EVERYONE I have met thus far has been overflowing with kindness and assistance!

I sincerely look forward to seeing both you and your lovely wife again at some future event!

Semper Fi, *Butch*

Earl of Surrey

I would have been fantastic to have met the other frequenters of the RF Board.

It is a big trade-off to walk the lanes as the Earl & Countess vs. getting to go to the shows.  We couldn't move far before needing to take pictures or answer questions.  It is flattering, but it did put a cramp in our attendance at the shows you recommended.  We did get to see the juggler by the two-story pub and the Robin Hood/Little John show.  They were great fun.

Indeed, we're not sure where the time went between 4pm and 7pm.

Send us a note if you or Michael find yourselves in the Larkspurshire area, we will try and give you as big a welcome as you and yours gave us.

--The Paris Hilton of the 16th Century--

The Earl and Countess of Surrey  (off with my head, on January 19, 1547)

Tamtaro

I'm glad you liked our faire!  I was lucky enough to visit Larkspurshire for a day this summer - you have a beautiful faire too!!  Wonderful views & pine tree smell *sigh*  One day is not long enough to visit a big festival. 

kcdcchef

I haven't visited Larkpurshire in YEARS. But it is GREAT!