News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2012 "In the meantime" Countdown!!

Started by Tamtaro, October 20, 2011, 04:45:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamtaro

Yeah, so here it is! :D  316 Days to go or 45 weeks if you prefer.  Whoo hoo!!  Almost here!!  (...)
I still have a bruise on my arm from archery...it makes me sad :'(
Do you go to other faires in the meantime (till KCRF comes back)?

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Next one for us is Arizona in February. Great tme to escape from Iowa too!
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Butch

Might have to go there in Feb.  Please keep us posted when the "go" date is, so that I may plan ahead!

In the meantime, only 45 weeks until Canterbury opens again!

Norfolk

FWIW, the Baroness and I will be attending the Arizona Festival during the Presidents' Day Weekend (Feb 18, 19 & 20).  More bang for the travel buck with a 3-day weekend, don't you know!
Just call me "Your Grace"

Gauwyn of Bracknell

That is the one we are looking at too, if we can find a decent priced flight. 
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

kcdcchef

I am headed to the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire in a few days, their final weekend is this weekend. Going on closing day, Sunday, October 30th. They do spooky daze and knights the last few weekends, and am going this weekend. The PARF is nice, very nice faire actually. They paved it about 5-6 seasons ago, and I HATE THAT!!! The really funny thing is KCRF outdraws them, and they have 4 more weekends! Ha! Anyways, great sets though, the Globe Theatre is SO HUGE, and so realistic. And they do a great job of tying in the whole scenario throughout the day. Real good job. They will make jokes and do things at the joust and then bring them up at their finale in song. And that finale in song, so awesome. Takes like an hour, but so poignant! Highly reccomend going if you can.

In May, I fully intend to hit the Virginia Renaissance Faire, then Pittsburgh in August, then back to KC!! Have a GREAT offseason everyone. I am going into my busiest time of the year right now, so it's all good!

Tamtaro

I, too, have coveted a trip Arizona RF, but I'm saving my ducats for a summer vacation (that may involve Colorado RF).
(Except for that one big drive to KC) kcdcchef - you have sweet deal with all the east coast festivals nearby!!

kcdcchef

Quote from: Tamtaro on October 25, 2011, 11:37:36 AM
I, too, have coveted a trip Arizona RF, but I'm saving my ducats for a summer vacation (that may involve Colorado RF).
(Except for that one big drive to KC) kcdcchef - you have sweet deal with all the east coast festivals nearby!!

my driving to kc days are OVER, i fly that now. have for years. although i am considering a driving trip to kc this november.

Tamtaro

308 days left!!  It's practically here ;D

kcdcchef

Quote from: Tamtaro on October 28, 2011, 04:09:39 PM

To me the hardest time to pass when waiting for anything seasonal is that time when you are still in the month it closes. For KCRF, closing day of the 2011 season was October 16th, so that left 15 days of being in the month it was open! Always painful. Ski season is like that for me as well, I HATE April, all it reminds me of is, damn, I was skiing a few weeks ago!!

Combining my love of both, going to the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire on Sunday, and they are closing tomorrow since there is 5-10" of snow in the forecast for Saturday. But they are prediciting 50F on Sunday, so here's hoping!!!!

Tamtaro

Quote from: kcdcchef on October 28, 2011, 07:19:55 PM
Quote from: Tamtaro on October 28, 2011, 04:09:39 PM

To me the hardest time to pass when waiting for anything seasonal is that time when you are still in the month it closes. For KCRF, closing day of the 2011 season was October 16th, so that left 15 days of being in the month it was open! Always painful. Ski season is like that for me as well, I HATE April, all it reminds me of is, damn, I was skiing a few weeks ago!!

Combining my love of both, going to the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire on Sunday, and they are closing tomorrow since there is 5-10" of snow in the forecast for Saturday. But they are prediciting 50F on Sunday, so here's hoping!!!!
Whoo hoo!! We're no longer in the month it closed! ;D HA!  So did you make it to PARF or did it snow out?

kcdcchef

Tamtaro, we didn't go to the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire, they closed it because of the snow.

Tamtaro

Quote from: kcdcchef on November 01, 2011, 03:11:48 PM
Tamtaro, we didn't go to the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire, they closed it because of the snow.
I can't even imagine!  We did have that one very cold weekend...but other than the pictures you passed along of Canterbury in the snow, I can't imagine being snowed out!  In fact, I'd say those pictures are fake!  HA ;D  I think Canterbury dissappears into the mist during the off-season, like Brigadoon, only we don't have to wait 100 years, just 302 DAYS!! ;D

kcdcchef

Quote from: Tamtaro on November 03, 2011, 09:56:10 AM

I can't even imagine!  We did have that one very cold weekend...but other than the pictures you passed along of Canterbury in the snow, I can't imagine being snowed out!  In fact, I'd say those pictures are fake!  HA ;D  I think Canterbury dissappears into the mist during the off-season, like Brigadoon, only we don't have to wait 100 years, just 302 DAYS!! ;D
[/quote

I was rather disappointed, because it was my only 2011 day to be in Mount Hope, the PARF. And the day they cancelled it was like 47F in the daytime, and 41F at nite, bundle up and enjoy. I went on closing day 3 years ago, and it was 34F there. They felt there were too many damaged structures from the winds and snow. I will take their word on it! In 2009, the KCRF on my weekend was 38F, MAN I LOVED IT!!!!!!

Merlin the Elder

They posted pictures of the snow damage, Chef. Way too much to clean up enough to open on Sunday.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...