News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2012 "In the meantime" Countdown!!

Started by Tamtaro, October 20, 2011, 04:45:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kcdcchef

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on November 03, 2011, 05:24:09 PM
They posted pictures of the snow damage, Chef. Way too much to clean up enough to open on Sunday.

disagree. Saw them, woulda been hard, and difficult. But that's the thing about a renfaire. You put out an all call to the staff, "we want to reopen for the last day, a chance for everyone to come and play one last time, but we need help to get open", trust me, more people with shovels, wheel barrows, plows, trucks, axes, saws, etcc, woulda showed up then they coulda counted.

Now, having said that, I can understand why they closed, support them, and will still love PARF and go!

Delireus

I'll be going down to Texas for Thanksgiving break from school on the 19th. I'm originally from there and I miss my home faire so much! I'm going on the 20th and the 25th (that's the day after Thanksgiving, they open on that Friday specially) I'm so excited!

I also went to a Steampunk Expo in Wichita last weekend, the 4th - 6th. That was a lot of fun and while it wasn't a renfest, it does help tide me over. I'll also be going to the Wichita Spring Renfest in a few months I hope. I'm trying to bug my boyfriend into driving back down to the Oklahoma renfest again in April or May as well!

- Shanon (with just 1 N)

Home is where
the faire is

Tamtaro

SO JEALOUS!!  It looks like a fun festival!!!  I think the "Celtic Christmas" weekend would be really magical.  Perhaps I will make it my plan for next Thanksgiving! :D

kcdcchef

I have been begging Maestro for years to do a Christmas in Canterbury event. I think it'd do very well, actually.

Delireus

Quote from: Tamtaro on November 11, 2011, 09:20:25 AM
SO JEALOUS!!  It looks like a fun festival!!!  I think the "Celtic Christmas" weekend would be really magical.  Perhaps I will make it my plan for next Thanksgiving! :D

The frst year they did themed weekends, you could barely tell it was a Christmas weekend, but now everyone dresses up for it. The king and Queen (Henry and Katherine) Too bad it's usually 70 degrees  at that time :D
- Shanon (with just 1 N)

Home is where
the faire is

kcdcchef

the sound of crickets chirping has infected the KCRF boards.

Butch

Yeah, I know.  I'm partially responsible. 

Here's a topic:  My son is going to the cast party this Wednesday!

Delireus

If anyone can make it, The Jolly Rogers will be playing this Saturday the 10th at Aunty Mae's Parlor here in Manhattan! The show starts at 8, I will be going! Even though this bar is in the middle of Aggieville, which is known for college bars and college students, I can assure you it is very tame and it will be a lot of fun! There is no cover, apparently. I just now heard about it, that's why I didn't post sooner, hope some of you can make it!
- Shanon (with just 1 N)

Home is where
the faire is

Butch

Sorry, work 4-midnight Sat and Sun nights.  3 Pints Gone will be in town Sat night (gotta miss them!), but they'll also be at a radio station doing a live broadcast Sun morn.  Should make that!

kcdcchef

I've been trying to talk the Musical Blades into doing the Pittsburgh Renaissance Festival, even if just for a weekend. Would let them crash in my spare room even!

Butch

Saw 3 Pints Gone this morning.  What a great group they are; both as a musical band and as personable individuals!  So great to have caught them; had to miss them at the Columbia RF this year, and at the house party last night.  So glad to have heard them sing the Beaches of St Valyrie!

kcdcchef

anyone else see ogrot? neat sound but needed work i thought. reminded me of jolly rogers circa 1992. good, but not "there". anyone else check them out? i REALLY want them to succeed. like them.

MickyofOgrot

Quote from: kcdcchef on December 11, 2011, 09:53:22 PM
anyone else see ogrot? neat sound but needed work i thought. reminded me of jolly rogers circa 1992. good, but not "there". anyone else check them out? i REALLY want them to succeed. like them.

Thanks for the support.  We are all working really hard and doing our best to improve with every performance.  We're currently doing a lot of writing and just recently released our debut cd 'Britches and Hose'.

kcdcchef

cool!! hope you took no offense at my writings. just getting up on that stage takes a HUGE SET, and then to just keep coming at it. one of the things in my opinion at a faire like KCRF that makes it difficult, is so many people now where they are going when they get there. they already have musical blades, jolly rogers, chess, joust, etc in mind when they hit the gate. having said that, i am the same but love new things. and was really ticked off with no chess in 2011, so decided i would take advantage and go see some new stuff. and LOVED some of the new stuff. the who doth proclaim this anyways, the renaissance version of who's line is it anyways, was awesome. robin hood tourney was exceptional. never had seen sonic sheidh tribe in a show versus closing gate or pub sing, and all that was GREAT. and, at the end of the day, said, well, it's the pub stage, to hell with it. let's check out ogrot. and the audience was small, and not participating, which doesnt help at all.

so...............keep plugging away. count me in for seeing you in 2012. REALLY want you guys to become something great, because i think you are "on the verge!"

Butch

Speaking of Ogrot and their new CD "Britches and Hose", let me say that I have TWO COPIES! and my son also has TWO COPIES!

WHOOOO!  OGROT!!!!!

If you have the opportunity to get this cd, definitely do.  It really showcases their talent from 2010, and the good stuff from 2011.  I would have liked to hear "She's a witch so let's burn her slowly", but oh well!  We have Bard's Romance!  That song alone is worth the price of the cd.

I love Ogrot.