News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

MidWinter Exchange 2011

Started by Dinobabe, October 20, 2011, 10:48:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinobabe

1. Favorite Color:
2. Hobbies:  
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate:
4. One interesting fact about yourself:
5. Favorite Movie/Book:
6. One word to describe you:
7. Anything else you wish to include:
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum:
9. Do you have an R/F pin?  
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you)
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.)
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended?
13. Favorite Music:
14. Things I collect:
15. Briefly describe your character:

The sign-up deadline will be Monday, November 21st.  That way you can utilize the Thanksgiving holiday sales!  

RULES:
Please post the responses to the questionnaire here on the forum (and if you can think of anything else that would be helpful, please do add it!  We can never know TOO much...well, wait, I suppose we actually could...but you know what I mean ;)).  Then please pm me your forum name, real name, and mailing address.  You must pm me to be included in the exchange.

After I receive information for all participants I will make a random match list.  Each person will receive a name and provide a gift(s) based on the questionnaire.  If you DO NOT wish to be matched with a spouse, the person you had last year, etc. please let me know in your pm.

Deadline to mail gifts out will be December 14 (that is a Wednesday, so that people should have them in hand before whichever holiday they choose to celebrate.  Don't feel like you need to spend a small fortune!  As always, the minimum price is a stamp and an envelope.  In the past, people have received books, faire accessories, faire favors, CDs, DVDs, calendars, all kinds of beautiful hand made items...be creative!  

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE (I cannot say please enough on this one!!!), if you think there is a chance that you will not be able to afford to do this, do NOT sign up!  It is not fair to the person who is waiting for a gift to have their secret gift fairy back out at the last minute.  I *do* understand that sometimes unexpected situations happen after you have signed up...if that is the case, just let me know, and I will get your person rematched.  But if you are expecting to be a little short on dough this year, please do not sign up!  

And as always have fun!!! :D
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

Auryn

Allright I will go first so everyone else will jump in  ;D
Sorry for the lack of capitalization on some thimgs

Insert Quote
1. Favorite Color:Blue, silver and purples
2. Hobbies: sewing, leather working, cooking, reading fantasy novels, making costumes and props, soon to be tending my veggie garden too
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: I wear all kind of jewelry- mostly silver but no yellow gold.
4. One interesting fact about yourself: I like listening to movies scores/soundtracks
5. Favorite Movie/Book: movies- the lord of the rings trilogies, labyrinth, never ending story, most disney movies, Constantine, Potter series and the like - Books: Terry Goodkinds Sword of truth seies, Lord of the Rings obviously, Potters etc
6. One word to describe you: Weird
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum: The closest would be Rani even though we've never met in person.
9. Do you have an R/F pin?  no
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you): none that I know of but I'm not too fond of cinnamon- except for in snickerdoodles or apple cider in those cases its great.
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.): lavender, jasmine, cotton flower
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended? FLARF and BARF
13. Favorite Music: Celtic (Albannach, Enya, Loreena McKennit etc), movie soundtracks,
14. Things I collect: Vintage sewing accessories-manuals- and books, small figurines of elves, gnomes, gargoyles etc, masks (like for masked balls), vintage pieces like old milk cans, old door knobs, old glass bottles (or that at least look old), old cook books, old tools- for leather working and the old manual style drills etc., I also collect old science, geography, topography,chemistry books.
My ren character is a archer/forester by trade. Although she comes from upper middle class she'd much rather spend time in the woods than at court.
My steampunk character is part of an airship crew that trades in lightning. Tougher than most of the guys on the ship and has a skewed sense of proper dress when in port. Will mix a poofy sleeved shirt with leather pants and a face covered in soot.

If I think of anything else between now and the deadline Ill add it, or if someone else comes up with another good question to add
Scissors cuts Paper. Paper covers Rock. Rock crushes Lizard. Lizard? poisons Spock. Spock smashes Scissors. Scissors dec

Auryn

I can do the card list no problem  ;D

Seriously the midwinter exchange and card exchange are one of the highlights of the year for me.
Scissors cuts Paper. Paper covers Rock. Rock crushes Lizard. Lizard? poisons Spock. Spock smashes Scissors. Scissors dec

dbaldock

I'd like to participate again this year.

Don't have a "highlight" gift like the RenBabes Calender this year, but I'll think of something...  ;)

Take Care,
David Baldock

EDIT: Adding my list for the 2011 MidWinter Gift Exchange -

1. Favorite Color:  Black, with Dark Purples and Dark Greens

2. Hobbies:  Photography, Reading - P.G. Wodehouse comedies, D ick Francis mysteries, British Sci-Fi stories, Walking for Exercise, Building / Repairing PC's for myself and friends

3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: 18.5" James Avery Silver Necklace with Cross

4. One interesting fact about yourself:  I'm an Anglophile and really enjoy reading and watching things about the British Isles and Republic of Ireland (and visiting, when I get a chance)

5. Favorite Movie/Book:  Practically any movies made by Cary Grant or Fred Astaire (I've got a lot of them), Any book written by P.G. Wodehouse (I've got a lot of them)

6. One word to describe you:  I'm a Geek (Electronics Technician working on the International Space Station program at NASA - Johnson Space Center)

7. Anything else you wish to include:  Dark Chocolate is a favorite food!  ;D

8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum:  I've met some of the people who attend Scarborough Faire, Sherwood Forest Faire, TRF, and MNRF

9. Do you have an R/F pin?  No

10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you)  No

11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.)  Something manly or Citrusy, but not Flowery

12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended?  Texas Renaissance Festival, Sherwood Forest Faire, Scarborough Faire, & have been to Minnesota Renaissance Festival several times

13. Favorite Music:  Traditional Celtic, some Modern Celtic, Ren Faire performers, Contemporary Christian, Big Band, Classical, Jazz (Traditional rather than Avant-garde)

14. Things I collect:  I'd like to say hugs from the ladies (but that's not easy to box up and put in the mail ;) ), so I'll say small percussion instruments like Egg Shakers, Bones, etc.

15. Briefly describe your character:  I haven't developed a specific character, but my garb is "middle class" consisting of pants, shirts, cloaks, and hats bought from House of Dra, and shoes from Catskill Mountain Moccasins.  I'm looking into getting some Pirate garb.

Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

Evie McCann

Count me in again this year!! Had so much fun last year.  :)
aka. Lady Eve

amy

This looks fun!   Will YOU then assign us someone to whom we send the gift?  When will we know whether we get a man or a woman?   Do you PM us our secret person to spoil?  ( thank you... got the idea now!)

1. Favorite Color: gem tones: amethyst, saphire, emerald, onyx, topaz...  you get the idea
2. Hobbies:  Sewing, embroidery, baking, reading, napping. (not necessarily in that order)
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: Yes! mostly silver or pearl beads.  earrings and rings( 4, 6 and 7).
4. One interesting fact about yourself: I love anthing that transports me away from real life
5. Favorite Movie/Book: Loving the Outlander series right now.  Love Fantasy fairytales, adventure and romance.   Don't love modern chick flick junk
6. One word to describe you: difficult!
7. Anything else you wish to include:I love love love practical stuff. pieces parts to be used in projects.  Up-cycleable stuff, feathers, bits and bobs
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum: I know a few of the sewing board regulars, Cast and Friends of TNRF, KYRF and several at OHRF and CRF
9. Do you have an R/F pin?  alas no... had one...   Faire ate it.
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you) nope!
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.)  love earthy scents, amber, vanilla, food scents
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended?  TNRF, ALRF, GARF, KYRF, OHRF and CRF
13. Favorite Music:Classical, folk and classic rock,  instrumental
14. Things I collect: nothing special, but seem so have a lot of kitchen gadgets.  I use them all!
15. Briefly describe your character:  I play a noble at most faires I attend,  Most know me for my Mother /Daughter antics with my daughter Sarah.  I sew for us both, I am not histoically accurate but I love fancy and over the top!

Rani Zemirah

Same as last year... sorry, but it WAS already there, right?  ;)  heheh

1. Favorite Color: Deep rusty orange and/or heathery green
2. Hobbies: Faire, crafting, jewelry design, sculpting stone, writing, traveling, garb collecting...
3. Do you wear jewelry?  Yes, necklaces, usually stone and/or brass beads (my skin doesn't treat silver well)...
4. One interesting fact about yourself: I have an entire visual artist's studio, including easel, watercolors, oils, pastels and acrylics, brushes and canvases, but I still don't know how to paint...
5. Favorite Movie/Book: The Quiet Man with John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara ( I know, I thought it was odd, also, but there you go...) and Silverlock by John Meyers Meyers...
6. One word to describe you: Intrepid...
7. Anything else you wish to include: My personal style is that of an Eclectic/Bohemian/Morrocan living in Tuscany, and I love things that have been hand made just for me...
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum: Lots from the Texas Forums, mostly, and Blushing... and Luciana, although we haven't actually met in person.
9. Do you have an R/F pin?  Yes
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you)  Fresh garlic (no, really...)
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.) Pure botanical oils in citrus, cinnamon or very light floral (synthetics set off my allergies)
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended? Norman Medieval Festival (home), Scarby and TRF
13. Favorite Music: Any Faire music...
14. Things I collect: Dictionaries (particularly foreign language translations), traditional Turkish tea glasses and coffee cups/saucers, Tarot decks and spell books...
15. Briefly describe your character: Wandering Gypsy storyteller, herbalist, palm, rune and Tarot reader... mystical, yet humorous, with a bit of mischief thrown in for good measure...  
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

HunterRose13

1. Favorite Color:Black
2. Hobbies:Fishing, leather work, traditional archery, thrown weapons
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate:Necklace, bracelet
4. One interesting fact about yourself:I put a child in college and kindergarten this year
5. Favorite Movie/Book:Princess Bride
6. One word to describe you:Eclectic
9. Do you have an R/F pin?  NO lost mine.  Terrible sadness
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you)Nope.
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.)Leather, vanilla, earthy, pine
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended?KCRF, STLRF, Muskogee
13. Favorite Music:Celtic-contempary and traditional
14. Things I collect:Friends
15. Briefly describe your character:Born on the Isle of Iona off the coast of Ireland, raised on the coast, eventually finding his way to Scotland.

Evie McCann

1. Favorite Color:
Hunter Green, Dark Blue, Cranberry Red, Pewter Gray, Black
2. Hobbies:
Sewing, Cooking
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate:
Yes. pearls and silver or gold
4. One interesting fact about yourself:
I have a brown belt in Isshinryu and a gray cat named "Ches" after the Cheshier cat in AIW.
5. Favorite Movie/Book:
Movies: Jaws, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Anything Audrey Hepburn, Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby, Spaghetti Westerns with Clint Eastwood, Lee Van Cleef and Terence Hill, James Bond. Books: Nonfiction historical re: Henry VIII, any of his wives, any interesting characters of his or Elizabeth's court, James Bond.
6. One word to describe you:
Eclectic
I love Italian food and coffee.
no one
9. Do you have an R/F pin?
yes
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you)
none
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.)
kitchen spice smells, woodsy smells
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended?
Scarby and occasionally TRF
13. Favorite Music:
Any of the Rat Pack, Gaelic Storm (and anyone who sounds like them), Contemporary Christian
14. Things I collect:
Spoons from different places (inherited from my g/mother), Cookbooks
character 1. merchant class
character 2. noble class
aka. Lady Eve

Celtic Lady

I'm in again this year as well :)

1. Favorite Color: shades of green esp. dark greens, copper, earth tones

2. Hobbies: music, crafts, digital photography (beginner level), faire

3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: yes... rings (size 8.5), necklaces, earrings

4. One interesting fact about yourself: my second and third toes on both feet are somewhat "webbed"..... my dad's were as well and so are my son's. mine are more so than
than my dad's and my son's are more than mine.

5. Favorite Movie/Book: comedies, fantasy, Disney, some dramas

6. One word to describe you: quiet

7. Anything else you wish to include: Christmas is my favorite holiday, i love Arabian horses, i love hot cocoa and hot teas, i love being out in the country/woods enjoying nature, i enjoy the true finer things of life... family, friends, nature, and laughter

8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum: have met Sir Clisto, Lady Rosalind

9. Do you have an R/F pin?:  yes

10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you):no

11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.): cinnamon, apple, forest scents, earthy, spicy, clean, fresh..... not too big on heavy foral or vanilla scents.

12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended?: Des Moines and MIRF

13. Favorite Music: country, oldies, rock, celtic

14. Things I collect: recipes, breyer horses (mostly Arabians), snowglobes

15. Briefly describe your character: I don't really have one but if I did she'd be like me... gentle, quiet, sweet, down-to-earth, selling candles that she and her husband make.

irish

1. Favorite Color: Greens/Blues
2. Hobbies: Sewing, faire, photography
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: necklaces (Celtic design...22 inch)
4. One interesting fact about yourself: I have seen The Phantom of The Opera on stage, roughly 27 times... ::)
5. Favorite Movie/Book: Anything Renaissance related
6. One word to describe you: Impish/ shy..lol!
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum: Lady Amy of York, Ozium, Xantrawler, Sir Douglas of Waterbury
9. Do you have an R/F pin? yes
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you) no sugary things
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.) Musk, Woodsy, Earthy
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended? Sterling!!!  ;D
13. Favorite Music: anything but rap.... :-X
14. Things I collect: Phantom of The Opera music boxes or anything related to the play, not the movie.
15. Briefly describe your character:  :P
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)

Elizabeth Talbot, Countess of Shrewsbury

Ooooo I'm so excited!

1. Favorite Color: Purple/Black/Red/Green
2. Hobbies: Reading, cosplay/costuming (I can't sew but I do build costumes from existing pieces), writing, charity fundraising, photography.
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: I wear rings mostly. Size 11. And some gypsy-like jewelry. Coin belts/bracelets, etc.
4. One interesting fact about yourself: I can't cook, but I can bake.
5. Favorite Movie/Book: I can't put a finger on specifics but genres wise I like romantic comedies, fantasy, drama, musicals. LOVE musicals. I like books by Phillipa Gregory (I have most of the Tudors Series), Yasmine Galenorn, Lyndsay Sands. And I have been getting more into history lately, specifically surrounding the Tudor era, Anne Boleyn, and the Elizabethan era.
6. One word to describe you: Strange.
7. Anything else you wish to include: I have an iPhone. And I am addicted to it. >.<
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum: Just about anyone from Ohio and Kentucky. And a smattering of people from Tennessee.
9. Do you have an R/F pin?: Yup!
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you): Nope!
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.): Sandalwood, patchouli, lavendar, rose, indigo, gardenia.
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended?: KHRF, ORF
13. Favorite Music: Musical soundtracks, pop, metal, faire music, celtic.
14. Things I collect: Wigs, daggers, faire shot glasses, gothic novelties, foreign coins, faeries.
15. Briefly describe your character: She's a wandering pirate . . . known to many, affiliated with none. Wears a collection of her travels in the form of the many necklaces she has. For as known as she is, her past is mostly a mystery. The most anyone knows is that she was born into wealth and privilege, but gave it up to be free.
Castleteer
IWG #3880/IWG Local #77
Wandering Pirate
Endearing Noble

WindChime

1. Favorite Color: Autumn colors. Copper, greens, black, silver and purple
2. Hobbies: cooking, baking, sewing, crafting, anything artsy
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: I don't really wear much jewelry other then my earrings and I can only wear sterling silver due to my nickle allergy
4. One interesting fact about yourself: I'm very shy when not at faire
5. Favorite Movie/Book: Fave movie is Halloween the 1978 version, the Rob Zombie remake was alright but I like the original. Fave book is most of Stephen Kings early novels
6. One word to describe you: Quirky
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum: Mostly the ones from KHRF, ORF and a few from TNRF & Michigan
9. Do you have an R/F pin?  Yes!
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you) Not really, my allergies are foods in the raw form once cooked I'm all good
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.) I love the smell of vanilla & apples-n-cinnamon
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended? ORF is my home, KHRF is my second home and I have gone to the Ashville,OH Viking Fest and a few weekend shows
13. Favorite Music: old school "goth" , celtic, 70s bands, pretty much anything but new country ( give me Hank Williams & Dolly Parton ) & rap
14. Things I collect:faeries, dragons, bears & bells
15. Briefly describe your character: Mostly a gypsy, I use to have a 60+ pound belt of brass bells I wore but I had to ive it up for medical reasons. Now I just love to create pretties for others to buy or get as a gift from me.
Chime'n Penny / Cheiftess Clan O'Maille
Irish Penny Brigade
Guppy #90
Castleteer
IWG #3740 Local #57
Lost Viking
FOKTOP
Booth Owner @ KyRF & ORF
Keeper of All Bells & Chimes
RESCU Rally Captain ORF &  KyRF

CapnFayeCutler

Ooh I haven't done this in a couple of years but it's so much fun!!

1. Favorite Color: Blue!!! followed by purple and green
2. Hobbies:  Crafting- I'm a sewing ninja, comic books, D&D, anything nerdy really
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: I love jewelry - I prefer silver. Any kind. As for rings, size 8 please. ;D
4. One interesting fact about yourself: My costumes have won multiple awards
5. Favorite Movie/Book: Movie: Monty Python and the Holy Grail; Book: Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
6. One word to describe you: Awesome (no really! Ask my friends!)
7. Anything else you wish to include: I really love to draw and sew.
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum: Pretty much all from TN, KY, OH, and now I know a lot in FL and TX ^_^
9. Do you have an R/F pin? Several!  
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you) Vegetarian
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.) Gardenia, lavendar, and fruits
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended? TNRF, KYHRF, ORF and sometimes TRF
13. Favorite Music: Anything but country. Seriously.
14. Things I collect: Doctor Who and Firefly stuff!
15. Briefly describe your character: Captain Faye Cutler. Pirate, wench, and pretty much great friend.
Slack'n Penny -  Chieftess, Clan Byrne of the IPB
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575
RoOL 26 | Castleteer | ETTE

Kymberleigh

1. Favorite Color: Blues, purples, dark reds
2. Hobbies:  Sewing, baking, misc crafts, reading (fantasy and scifi mostly)
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: Not a fan of rings, and I don't have pierced ears, but I love pendants and charms, silver preferred
4. One interesting fact about yourself: I've gotten a minimum of 5 people addicted to faire just by inviting them along *insert evil laughter here*
5. Favorite Movie/Book: Movie: Star Wars (original trilogy), Stardust, anything Mel Brooks, Iron Man, Lion King, Favorite book changes by the day
6. One word to describe you: Introverted
7. Anything else you wish to include:  I like to listen to people talk, and that carries over to the internet as major lurking with little actual posting
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum: No one
9. Do you have an R/F pin?  No
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you) None that I know of, though a great dislike of walnuts
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.) ylang-ylang, lilac, citrus, clean laundry
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended? Great Lakes Medieval Faire,  Pittsburgh Renaissance Faire
13. Favorite Music: Celtic, Blackmore's Night, Bawdy Faire music, Oldies (60' & 70's), Historically accurate and inaccurate Renaissance music, sea shanties,
14. Things I collect: fabric, celtic knotwork, pouches, misc trinkets
15. Briefly describe your character: No character as of yet, I just like making garb
I'm not shy... I'm a passive socialite