The Squire's Tavern > Squire's Tavern

MidWinter Exchange 2011

(1/12) > >>

Dinobabe:
1. Favorite Color:
2. Hobbies:  
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate:
4. One interesting fact about yourself:
5. Favorite Movie/Book:
6. One word to describe you:
7. Anything else you wish to include:
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum:
9. Do you have an R/F pin?  
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you)
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.)
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended?
13. Favorite Music:
14. Things I collect:
15. Briefly describe your character:

The sign-up deadline will be Monday, November 21st.  That way you can utilize the Thanksgiving holiday sales!  

RULES:
Please post the responses to the questionnaire here on the forum (and if you can think of anything else that would be helpful, please do add it!  We can never know TOO much...well, wait, I suppose we actually could...but you know what I mean ;)).  Then please pm me your forum name, real name, and mailing address.  You must pm me to be included in the exchange.

After I receive information for all participants I will make a random match list.  Each person will receive a name and provide a gift(s) based on the questionnaire.  If you DO NOT wish to be matched with a spouse, the person you had last year, etc. please let me know in your pm.

Deadline to mail gifts out will be December 14 (that is a Wednesday, so that people should have them in hand before whichever holiday they choose to celebrate.  Don't feel like you need to spend a small fortune!  As always, the minimum price is a stamp and an envelope.  In the past, people have received books, faire accessories, faire favors, CDs, DVDs, calendars, all kinds of beautiful hand made items...be creative!  

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE (I cannot say please enough on this one!!!), if you think there is a chance that you will not be able to afford to do this, do NOT sign up!  It is not fair to the person who is waiting for a gift to have their secret gift fairy back out at the last minute.  I *do* understand that sometimes unexpected situations happen after you have signed up...if that is the case, just let me know, and I will get your person rematched.  But if you are expecting to be a little short on dough this year, please do not sign up!  

And as always have fun!!! :D

Auryn:
Allright I will go first so everyone else will jump in  ;D
Sorry for the lack of capitalization on some thimgs

Insert Quote
1. Favorite Color:Blue, silver and purples
2. Hobbies: sewing, leather working, cooking, reading fantasy novels, making costumes and props, soon to be tending my veggie garden too
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: I wear all kind of jewelry- mostly silver but no yellow gold.
4. One interesting fact about yourself: I like listening to movies scores/soundtracks
5. Favorite Movie/Book: movies- the lord of the rings trilogies, labyrinth, never ending story, most disney movies, Constantine, Potter series and the like - Books: Terry Goodkinds Sword of truth seies, Lord of the Rings obviously, Potters etc
6. One word to describe you: Weird
7. Anything else you wish to include:
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum: The closest would be Rani even though we've never met in person.
9. Do you have an R/F pin?  no
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you): none that I know of but I'm not too fond of cinnamon- except for in snickerdoodles or apple cider in those cases its great.
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.): lavender, jasmine, cotton flower
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended? FLARF and BARF
13. Favorite Music: Celtic (Albannach, Enya, Loreena McKennit etc), movie soundtracks,
14. Things I collect: Vintage sewing accessories-manuals- and books, small figurines of elves, gnomes, gargoyles etc, masks (like for masked balls), vintage pieces like old milk cans, old door knobs, old glass bottles (or that at least look old), old cook books, old tools- for leather working and the old manual style drills etc., I also collect old science, geography, topography,chemistry books.
15. Briefly describe your character:
My ren character is a archer/forester by trade. Although she comes from upper middle class she'd much rather spend time in the woods than at court.
My steampunk character is part of an airship crew that trades in lightning. Tougher than most of the guys on the ship and has a skewed sense of proper dress when in port. Will mix a poofy sleeved shirt with leather pants and a face covered in soot.

If I think of anything else between now and the deadline Ill add it, or if someone else comes up with another good question to add

Auryn:
I can do the card list no problem  ;D

Seriously the midwinter exchange and card exchange are one of the highlights of the year for me.

dbaldock:
I'd like to participate again this year.

Don't have a "highlight" gift like the RenBabes Calender this year, but I'll think of something...  ;)

Take Care,
David Baldock

EDIT: Adding my list for the 2011 MidWinter Gift Exchange -

1. Favorite Color:  Black, with Dark Purples and Dark Greens

2. Hobbies:  Photography, Reading - P.G. Wodehouse comedies, D ick Francis mysteries, British Sci-Fi stories, Walking for Exercise, Building / Repairing PC's for myself and friends

3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: 18.5" James Avery Silver Necklace with Cross

4. One interesting fact about yourself:  I'm an Anglophile and really enjoy reading and watching things about the British Isles and Republic of Ireland (and visiting, when I get a chance)

5. Favorite Movie/Book:  Practically any movies made by Cary Grant or Fred Astaire (I've got a lot of them), Any book written by P.G. Wodehouse (I've got a lot of them)

6. One word to describe you:  I'm a Geek (Electronics Technician working on the International Space Station program at NASA - Johnson Space Center)

7. Anything else you wish to include:  Dark Chocolate is a favorite food!  ;D

8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum:  I've met some of the people who attend Scarborough Faire, Sherwood Forest Faire, TRF, and MNRF

9. Do you have an R/F pin?  No

10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you)  No

11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.)  Something manly or Citrusy, but not Flowery

12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended?  Texas Renaissance Festival, Sherwood Forest Faire, Scarborough Faire, & have been to Minnesota Renaissance Festival several times

13. Favorite Music:  Traditional Celtic, some Modern Celtic, Ren Faire performers, Contemporary Christian, Big Band, Classical, Jazz (Traditional rather than Avant-garde)

14. Things I collect:  I'd like to say hugs from the ladies (but that's not easy to box up and put in the mail ;) ), so I'll say small percussion instruments like Egg Shakers, Bones, etc.

15. Briefly describe your character:  I haven't developed a specific character, but my garb is "middle class" consisting of pants, shirts, cloaks, and hats bought from House of Dra, and shoes from Catskill Mountain Moccasins.  I'm looking into getting some Pirate garb.

Evie McCann:
Count me in again this year!! Had so much fun last year.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version