News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

MidWinter Exchange 2011

Started by Dinobabe, October 20, 2011, 10:48:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evie McCann

Goody!
Thanks so much for my package. Everything in it is being enjoyed. My cat loves his toy and we've had alot of fun watching him play with it. The beads I'll be using for an upcoming piece of garb. The bodkin and retractable tape measure I really needed (I broke my bodkin recently and I'm always losing my tape measure). The peppermint patty was enjoyed immediately(yumm). Oh, and the scrunchie has been alot of fun around here. My youngest son (who looks like John Lennon) put his hair up in it, a few minutes later my husband walks through and flips out because (for a moment) he thought my son was a girl. Now I get to wear it. Thanks again, it's been loads of fun.

Windchime, I do hope you enjoy your gifts. I have a small version of the candle and I love the way it crackles when it burns. I thought the fairy keychain was fun. My kids are getting those as well (from another family member). The cookies are peanut butter and Ritz dipped in chocolate. One of my family's favorites and the cocoa is homemade with peppermint, another family fave. Enjoy!!
aka. Lady Eve

WindChime

I loved the cookies. I am a big chocolate & peanut butter fan. I am also enjoying the cocoa along with my mom. My 2 year old niece thinks the key chain is hers. Thank you again for all the great gifts.
Chime'n Penny / Cheiftess Clan O'Maille
Irish Penny Brigade
Guppy #90
Castleteer
IWG #3740 Local #57
Lost Viking
FOKTOP
Booth Owner @ KyRF & ORF
Keeper of All Bells & Chimes
RESCU Rally Captain ORF &  KyRF

Dinobabe

I hope everyone has received a gift by now.  I know real life interviewed quite a bit this year and prevented gifts being sent by the deadline.  No big deal, it happens!
Please post if you have not received a gift yet. 
Please post if you have received your gift.  We want to know what you got! ;D
I hope everyone enjoyed the exchange as much as I did!  Till next year!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!!
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

dbaldock

Ended up waiting and going to the Post Office this morning.

The box from Lady Everclear was there, along with my other held mail.

Opening the individually wrapped gifts that were in the box right now...

1st - A nice Holiday Card and note about the gifts.

2nd - Irish/Bluegrass music by Cloigheann, and Ren Fest music by (Facebook) Drunk & Sailor and (Facebook) Misplaced Laces

3rd - Dove Silky Smooth Dark Chocolate Promises!

4th - Queen Anne Dark Chocolate Cordial Cherries!

5th - Ferrara Dark Chocolate Covered Espresso Beans!

Thanks SO much --- I think I'm in Love!!!   ;)   :D

Take Care,
David Baldock
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

amy

Oh Joy!  Oh Bliss!  It was like being a kid again!   How much fun to open a package and think that you have no earthly idea what it could be and almost know nothing about from where it came.  So thank you Celtic Lady for the warm heart you sent with your package.   It started out with tears ... which is not necessarily bad when it was from a lovely poem/story beautifully printed as a keepsake about Santa's prayer as he redied for this big night.   What a beautiful reminder of the true meaning of Christmas.   That was gift enough.. But underneath that was 6 of the most amazing scented candle jars!  SCRUMPTIOUS!   and all scents I will love.  I mean how do you top a cheesecake candle!!  Then a lovely pewter snowflake ornament and what may have looked like a gift card to JoAnnes... but for me it was the treasure of picking the just perfect.... something.... to make something absolutly special.  so maybe it is some silver buttons, or maybe  yards of venise lace?  Who knows -  that is the mystery.    thank you so very very much for your thoughtfulness and for making me feel so special.     

Elizabeth Talbot, Countess of Shrewsbury

I knew you'd really enjoy the dark chocolates and I was crossing my fingers that Drunk & Sailor or Misplaced Laces hadn't made their way down there yet. My goal was to send something you hadn't listened to yet. But I'm especially glad the package arrived at all!
Castleteer
IWG #3880/IWG Local #77
Wandering Pirate
Endearing Noble

Kymberleigh

Dinobabe,
Thank you so much for the package!  The pouch will definitely get much use, the jewellery is really nice and the embroidered handkerchief is very pretty.  Thank you again!
I'm not shy... I'm a passive socialite

Dinobabe

I'm so glad you like it and I hope the pouch colors go well with your garb.  Remember, it's reversible!! ;D
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

Celtic Lady

Amy, I'm so glad you enjoyed everything. The Santa's Prayer on Christmas Eve is a great reminder of what it's all about.
At first I wasn't sure what I was going to do but after reading that you like earthy and food scents my quest became much easier :). I can't remember if I included a Chocolate Cake and/or a Mint Chocolate candle. They are both delicious. My mouth waters when we are making them.

amy

YOU MADE THEM!???!    Holy smoke!  makes it even that much better!  I had no idea they were handmade!  They are beautiful and Yes,  Mint Chocolate Chip was included and was the first one we lit!  We thought that would be a good Christmas smell.   You have a real talent there M'Lady!

Dinobabe

OK, I think that everybody has received a gift (I hope so!).

I had a great time with the exchange this year, even with the real life delays.  Just goes to show that nothing can keep a Rennie down!  Looking forward to next year! ;D
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

HunterRose13

Hey wait!!!!!  I need to give a proper thank you to Auryn!

The key chain is incredible and I am sure it will start lots of chatter around the office tomorrow, the cookies are wonderful and are now hidden to keep me from eating them all tonight, and the music will help pass the drive to the office in the morning.

Thank you once again!