News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Anything in/around Omaha?

Started by Doc Tyma, June 20, 2008, 12:13:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doc Tyma

Hey there!

So, I am moving to Omaha July 1 and would love to find out if there are fests or gatherings in or around the area.  Please let me know!  Thank you!!

Cheers!

Doc.
--
Doc Tyma (but Adam is fine, too ;-)
Devious little wandering professor of symbols and signs

Emerald Shaunassey

Hey Doc,
     Indeed, there are several faires in and around Omaha.  The top one on my list is the Midwest Renaissance Festival at Scary Acres (www.midwestrenfest.com).  Alas, it has already come and gone for this year.  There is a Festival's Inc festival in Papillion, Ne.  Double check with "The Directorie of Renaissance Festivals" for further listings of events in and around the Omaha area.  Keep in mind you will be roughtly 2.5 hours north of KCRF at Bonner Springs, Ks - it opens Labor Day weekend and runs for 7 weekends.

Hope this helps ya out!
Emerald
IWG #979, IFRP #569, RMG # 614, Bard # 171.
Creator, Owner, & Manager of Williams Entertainment: Home of The Ladies of the Salty Kiss, The Shanty Lasses, Native Souls, & Grand Lake Renaissance Festival.

Lady Rosalind

There were two faires in the Omaha area in May, and there is a pirate festival coming up at the Bellvue Berry Patch sometime in late September (if I recall correctly).

Doc Tyma

Thank you both for getting back to me!  Much appreciated!!
--

Bev the Bossy

The Des Moines Renaissance Faire will be starting on Aug 30 it runs for 3 weekends. It is a permanent site.

The pirate festival at the Bellevue Berry farm will be Sept 20/21, 2008. It's is called the Midlands Pirate Festival.

Bev the Bossy
The Potter's House
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." M. Gandhi

Celtic Lady

I was going to mention the Des Moines Ren Faire but you beat me to the punch. In early May there is the Iowa Renaissance Festival at Amana Colonies.

Doc Tyma

These all sound like excellent opportunities.  I will need to start filling up my calendar ... and picking up more garb, I guess :-)  Thank you all again!  Are there any gatherings of R/F folk outside of fests in Omaha throughout the year?  Not like SCA, but more just people getting together?
--

Black Ordun

Doc;

Not any that I know of yet...  Let me know if anyone enlightens you  ;D   I work (mostly the gate as guard/colour/heckler) at the Midlands Faire (ex-Bluffs,) NRF, and the new Pirate Fest here in the Big O.

SCA is/was active in the area, I lost track of them after some health issues and their move from Fighter Practice in Elmwood Park at UNO to a new location.

My schedule is very tight but if you'd like to e-mail we can talk about making one happen.

....jeff  aka Black Ordun