News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Who's ready for TRF 2008

Started by Jess, June 20, 2008, 12:13:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thomas Eagle

Martin........Ally and I camp from a Nissan Altima so I'm sure a Buick is at least a step up on space. Just remember to pack light cause you'll use about half of what you bring, if that, haha.
Honorary Member of the B.S. Crew
Teller of "Memorable" Stories  "Ding" & "D/A"
Part-time Camp Organizer

*Teach*

Martin... we packed enough gear/garb/food for three to go three days in a Toyota echo. And one of the three is a 6'3" 18 y/o eating machine. Packing a buick? really... it can be done dude

Opening weekend, we packed enough stuff for 7 people in my Love's new Scion. That's enough for 7... on a weekend that incuded a wedding. 2 rubbermaid tubs of loki, enough rum for me to seriously celebrate and had room for that same 18 y/o to ride.

*I'd even have room for extra rum in a buick...*
*Got more Rum?* "Here, Try This!"
http://forums.wearephoenixrisen.com

eloquentXI

Psssst, if I can pack up all my crap in a VW Bug, trust me, you'll have TWICE the room in yours.

Can it be October now, please?!

Ineedfairenow.
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

Sir Martin

Well ... looks like I've got a lot to learn about camping.   :)  I thought most of the people out there had trucks or vans.  OK, so maybe I'll look into getting a small tent and giving it a go.  I'd be by myself, so if anyone has suggestions on tent manufacturers or models, let me know.  Guess I'd just need something big enough to sleep and change clothes in.

Also ... I think someoneone had posted a "camping guide" on the old forum.  How about some of you camping veterans starting a post and listing what you consider necessities to take for a weekend at TRF?   8)

Queen Bonnie

Not camping- but so ready for TRF.  It will be here before we know it! Rennticipation!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

*Teach*

mpullen? I believe your camping thread has been requested.
Tent choices are enormous Martin. If it's just going to be you then I would suggest a medum sized dome tent. One that sleeps 6 is usually plenty for one person and gear (or at least that works for me). If you think you're going to want an air mattress then I would go a little larger because they take up your floor space quick. I would get one that sleeps 8 in that case.
Outside of that, the thing to remember is don't over-pack. As the years have gone by the amount of gear I bring has dwindled considerably as I have seen what I do and don't need to bring.

*pack extra rum though, that always comes in handy*

mpullen

Quote from: x0x_teach_x0x on June 24, 2008, 07:49:54 AM

Already started. It's just hasn't been made into a sticky.

Zaubon

Quote from: Sir Martin on June 24, 2008, 12:24:21 AM
Well ... looks like I've got a lot to learn about camping.   :)  I thought most of the people out there had trucks or vans.  OK, so maybe I'll look into getting a small tent and giving it a go.  I'd be by myself, so if anyone has suggestions on tent manufacturers or models, let me know.  Guess I'd just need something big enough to sleep and change clothes in.

Also ... I think someoneone had posted a "camping guide" on the old forum.  How about some of you camping veterans starting a post and listing what you consider necessities to take for a weekend at TRF?   8)
Yes I have a van, but I am the camp cook. Let's see if I can run an inventory of the big stuff just from memory.

Four burner patio stove
Two burner patio stove
Two 12'X12' EZ-Ups
9 person 18'X13' tent
Three tables 4'-6' in length
Two 30lb propane cylinders.
Five ice chests 48-100 qt sizes
Six camp chairs.
One fire bowl

Now throw in personal garb, sleeping gear, and food & booze for up to 30 people, it starts to fill up even a van. If I wasn't feeding th entire camp I'd ride my bike.

Willa Swallow

Am I ready?  TRF All Hallows Eve is all I live for!  Of course I'm ready!

Thomas Eagle

Quote from: Willa Swallow on June 24, 2008, 10:10:39 AM

I'll be waitin for ya.....  I haven't forgotten last year......  The insulter waits.......
Honorary Member of the B.S. Crew
Teller of "Memorable" Stories  "Ding" & "D/A"
Part-time Camp Organizer

Sir Martin

Quote from: mpullen on June 24, 2008, 07:58:03 AM
Quote from: x0x_teach_x0x on June 24, 2008, 07:49:54 AM

Already started. It's just hasn't been made into a sticky.

Well I just whupped out a cyber thumbtack.   ;)

Tudor-Diva

Quote from: Willa Swallow on June 24, 2008, 10:10:39 AM

Oh goody.  We have a new group this year to represent All Hallows Eve, the Transylvanian Court, the Tepes family.
Stacy Bakri

Taffy Saltwater

Vampyr huntress LaMorte de Draco will be there, too! 
Sveethot!

*Teach*

Do vampires drink rum too?

*I can be a rum-sucking vampire pirate!*

KeeperoftheBar

Quote from: x0x_teach_x0x on June 26, 2008, 09:42:42 AM
Do vampires drink rum too?

I think only if you are the victim,, Teach.
Landshark # 97
Member, Phoenix Risen