News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Merlin the Elder is recuperating at home

Started by DonaCatalina, October 24, 2011, 01:09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dbaldock

You're in my thoughts.

Rest and recuperate quickly (use a little magic Jack, if need be  ;) ).

Looking forward to meeting you at Scarborough or Sherwood.

Take Care,
David Baldock
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

kcdcchef

Merlin, then perhaps we need to discuss the other entertainment. Perhaps that is why you are having heart issues. Let me break it down for you old friend. At your advanced age ( just shy of a century and all ) partying with 20 year old girls is a BIG deal. SO KNOCK IF OFF!!!!

Merlin the Elder

Partying with anyone besides my Nimue is what's dangerous to my health. It wouldn't be a heart attack that kills me, but it could easily be a jacketed hollow point. However, Chef, thanks for the advice.

David, I tried a little Jack last night, and it wasn't all that tasty. I'll try again tonight. When it's back to its normally delicious self, I'll know that I'm on the road to a full recovery. 8)
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Stolenhalo6

Merlin - glad you're recovering nicely.  I'm a quiet one here on the boards but I always enjoy reading your posts.  You're a sparkle.
Rachel in "real life"
Wench #3893
Careful, she bites.

NoBill Lurker

So what are you doing this weekend?
I'm going to BARF!!!
You're going to...wait...WHAT???

Captain Teague

Speedy recovery, Brother. No opening of transworld portals till you are better.
The Code is the Law...

Baron Frederick

Merlin the Elder, you had better behave yourself because we want to see you around for quite a while as Merlin the Eldest
Baron Frederick

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Bob of the Lake

I wondered why your weren't as vocal as usual, Merlin. You are loved and appreciated by many and I wish you a speedy recovery. 
I came, I saw, I skipped to my lou.
            - Hammy the Squirrel

Taffy Saltwater

Merlin, hope you're feeling much better.  Keep your PHIN up!
Sveethot!

Rani Zemirah

Beaten to the punch, were you, dear?  Just goes to show how well liked you are around here...  ;) 

You already know how happy Scally and I are that you're back home now... just stop scaring us like this!!!  This is the last time, right!?!?!

(((HUGS))) and lots of good rest to both you and Nim, and lots of healing to you!!!  And try to take it a bit easy before you go running around all over the place, please!  ;) 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Evie McCann

Merlin, sorry you had to have surgery. Bypass is never fun. I am glad to hear that you're feeling better. I bet Nim is too.

Hope your up casting spells again soon! Wait! Don't you have some kind of healing spell for yourself?  ;)

Get well!  :D

aka. Lady Eve

maeven

Prayers and well-wishes for Merlin! Here's to a speedy recovery! *BIG HUGS*
*Short enough to not reach the pedals, tall enough for the rides at Six Flags!*

I'm splendid. That is all.

AHE 2013 RenNado Survivor

Merlin the Elder

Again, to all of you, thank you so much for the energy you've passed along to me. I am actually feeling pretty good for longer and longer stretches, so that is good.

I've got my phin up as far as the doctor says I can raise it, Taffy...

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again, starting at Sherwood in February. I would say that I should be back to normal by then, but nobody has been able to define what normal is in my case. Some of your sweet, kind comments tended to make my eyes leak. Other comments caused a little leakage elsewhere, but we don't have to talk about that here...

But, seriously.... thanks.... :-*
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

The Rabbi

Get sidetracked for days and come back to find out youve been ill. So glad to hear you are feeling better and hope you are never normal but always healthy. Look forward to seeing not only you but many others once again here on the forum.
My sanity is not lost I sent it away
Proud member of FOKTOP