News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Whoever this lady is...

Started by CecilyWilkins, October 26, 2011, 10:12:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CecilyWilkins

...she really made my day! Her costume and general persona were just delightful. Surely she is a regular--has anyone else run into her or maybe even know her? I'm just curious, because I thought she was so much fun.  :)

(This was last year, August 2010.)

wildthingjew

That is non other than the greatest lady ettie! Love her, my friend carol black, co-chief of the greatest foundation ever RESCU!
jamie, mother of miss katie scarlett

Alexandra Johanna

Yes, she is definitely a regular, on cast. I believe she has a small area called Lady Ettie's "Me Place" where she has tea time twice a day, as well as generally walking around bringing smiles to all. I remember seeing her back between two shops, in a small shaded area with lots of colorful bits of things dangling all about, I think its on High Street, between the ATM and the Midsummer Stage.

Sad that I know this off the top of my head when there is STILL 249 more days until we can go again.

Rowan MacD

That is a great persona, she makes me smile just looking at her.    ;D
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

angusmacinnes

Catch one of her tea time shows we had a ball when we did.
There are many places where compromise is expected;
LOYALTY is not amongst them.

CecilyWilkins

Quote from: Rowen MacD on November 01, 2011, 06:12:04 PM
   That is a great persona, she makes me smile just looking at her.    ;D
I couldn't agree more!

...and this has got to be the "me place" you are talking about, Soulstice. I was so happy when I stumbled upon it, though I didn't know exactly what it was for!

bloggerbot

Auryn

We have the pleasure of having Lady Ettie at FLARF also.
Unfortunately she doesnt have her own place down here,
although from seeing that picture I really wish she did.
Scissors cuts Paper. Paper covers Rock. Rock crushes Lizard. Lizard? poisons Spock. Spock smashes Scissors. Scissors dec

CecilyWilkins

Lord Clisto of York

I have had tea with her many times there. It is filled with a lot of fun and participation. She is one of the Bristol Icons.  But I do echo others in that you MUST go to one of her tea gatherings at her place.

Lord Clisto
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

dreamwalker

Def. has a mad hatters tea party feel to it!
Normal? What's that?

CecilyWilkins

Quote from: Lord Clisto of York on November 04, 2011, 08:52:58 PM
I have had tea with her many times there. It is filled with a lot of fun and participation. She is one of the Bristol Icons.  But I do echo others in that you MUST go to one of her tea gatherings at her place.

Lord Clisto

That sounds absolutely fantastic. Sadly, I have moved since then. Arizona will be my home faire now, but I hear it's a good one!

Alexandra Johanna

Quote from: CecilyWilkins on November 04, 2011, 12:45:13 AM

...and this has got to be the "me place" you are talking about, Soulstice. I was so happy when I stumbled upon it, though I didn't know exactly what it was for!

That's the place alright!

Athena

I just love Lady Ettie! We miss her in Ohio.  :(
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

Dinobabe

I remember at Bristol that the Queen would actually bow to her because she respected her so much, as a persona and in real life.
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

Alexandra Johanna

I'm having serious withdrawl pangs today. That picture looks so inviting and recalls so many good times at Bristol in general. Its just happy.

CecilyWilkins

Quote from: Dinobabe on November 08, 2011, 11:35:15 AM
I remember at Bristol that the Queen would actually bow to her because she respected her so much, as a persona and in real life.

That is fantastic!

Quote from: Soulstice on November 08, 2011, 01:13:24 PM
I'm having serious withdrawl pangs today. That picture looks so inviting and recalls so many good times at Bristol in general. Its just happy.

I quite agree. I went to an amazing Dia de los Muertos festival this weekend, and I thought, "I just want my life to be one big amazing festival after the next." Of course, it would be even better if roughly half of those were Ren Faires. ;)

BLAKDUKE

I had the pleasure of working with "Lady Ette" for 5 years or so in Tenn.  There are no words that I could come up with to describe the experience.  I run into her every so often at various faires and it's just amazing the memories that flood my mind.

The BLAKDUKE
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel