News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Faire now CLOSED due to winter storm damage

Started by McGuinness, October 29, 2011, 06:16:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McGuinness

The official announcement has been made. For anyone planning to visit for the final day of the 2011 season tomorrow, the faire has made the decision to cancel due to the winter storm beating us all up right now. There is several inches of snow in the area and lots of downed trees and wires, on the fairegrounds and off. Several tents and pavilions on the grounds have been downed as well.

For anyone who has purchased tickets, visit parenfaire.com. They have posted instructions on how to redeem these tickets for tickets to the 2012 season.

BubbleWright

The world was supposed to end October 19th. For me it ended this weekend with the closing of PARF both days. Hurricanes, floods, rain, earthquakes, and now, a full blown winter snow storm have created a much shortened season this year. With no proper ending to the season, we are left hanging in the ether... :'(
"It is only with the heart that one sees rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
   Antoine de St. Exupery

renfairephotog

Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

Merlin the Elder

Ouch! That's really got to hurt a lot of people...
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

McGuinness

The faire has posted some photos of the grounds this morning on their facebook page. The temperatures here are getting into the 40's today and up into the 50's next week (oddly enough) so the snow should melt away quickly enough, but it was a very heavy, wet, slushy kind of snow so it piled up and pulled a lot down with it, especially on the trees who hadn't lost leaves yet and on the tents.

A link to the photo album: http://tinyurl.com/3tnj3a8