News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Wood Box Art

Started by Alexandra Johanna, October 31, 2011, 08:44:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alexandra Johanna

Its a familiar tale... started as a hobby, maybe I can sell some of it?

I started doing my box art as gifts, but have recently started thinking about trying to sell it. Have gotten some positive feedback from friends on Facebook, but most I know through our mutual interest in Siberian Huskies, and it is the few dog designs that interest them.  Most of my creations have been Celtic knotwork(ish) and I'd really appreciate some more Ren Faire folk to add their two cents before going too much further down this road. The boxes themselves are not handmade, but I am considering that as an option in the future. The design outlines are burned into the wood and then colored with light-fast, oil pencils. The uncolored wood is then stained and the whole box is sealed and sanded until glossy and smooth, and the inside compartments are flocked in a matching color.

If you saw a shop/tent/vendor at Faire selling these types of decorative boxes, would they catch your eye? tempt you to buy? is there something specific you like/dislike about them?

Thank you in advance!

A photo of a variety of my box art...

Detailed photos of the best of the lot (in my opinion)...

Lady Christina de Pond

i think they are beautiful I would stop and look at them i love the designs an colors i am a big fan of the celtic knots
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

Trillium

Got faerie dust?

Alexandra Johanna

Thank you Lady Christina and Trillium!

Baron Frederick

You might try doing a consignment of a few to someone at faire to see if they have a potentialto sell.I for one really like what I see.
                                    Good luck
Baron Frederick

Alexandra Johanna

Thank you for the compliment and the suggestion, Baron Fredrick! I had not thought of a consignment possibility, but that is a very good suggestion.