News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Scrapbooking our Faire Adventures

Started by susannah, June 20, 2008, 11:04:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sealion

Here's a page using those Rusty Pickle Cap'n Jack papers:

Cindy/Ciana Leonardi di Firenze/Captain Cin

susannah

Great page, sealion. Are those chip board letters or stickers you used for the title?
Susannah
Wench Raised in the South/ Loki Musketeer

sealion

They are chipboad letters that I painted with crackle paint then glazed then inked! lol The "old paper' paint was a weird pale green color so I went over them with some gold glaze but I still didn't like how they looked so I rubbed them with some caramel ink.

PS- If you are looking for a fun scrapping board to hang out at try ScrapFreak.com :) (My username there is HappyStamper)

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

Hey i lost this page for awhile! Glad to be back.Everyones pages are so nice, Good Job.Guess I'll give it a try.I bought the book,papers and stuff but haven't done them yet.
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

susannah

Thanks for the scrapping board info, sealion. I'll have to check that out as well.
Great tip for the chipboard letters...I love crackle paint and you did a great job creating the "old paper" look.
Susannah

Magister

Since you all have been so wonderfully active.. I think it's about time I sticky this thread so it's easier for everyone to find. 

Keep up the fantastic work!

- Mag
Magister
Moderator: Crafting Corner, Buy + Sale + Trade

susannah

Woohoo!! Thanks, Magister! We won't let you down!!
Susannah

susannah

I know that some fall faires have Halloween themed weekends. I just took a great class at my local store creating Halloween theme layouts using the "Frightful" line from Little Yellow Bicycle. The embellishments are adorable! Check them out.
Susannah

Tami MacLeod

And for all of you, who don't have the time to buy cut and paste.. you can make it online and print it.

http://www.scrapblog.com/
and you can download anything you want for paper or other things as well, there are lots of free ones for this

have fun

Blushing

Thanks sealion and susannah!

Awesome ideas all ... I'm certainly going to be "scraplifting" some!

I played with the Glimmer Mist from Tattered Angels today - you spray on shiny spatters on your papers (I'm actually going to try it on some fairy photos and see how it looks).  I'll let you know as soon as I post some new layouts online.

As for online shopping ... I've been VERY pleased with www.scrapbook.com.  Their customer service is great, and everything comes packaged well - even the papers!
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

HollyAtFairyEffects

Hmm...I need to figure out how to scan 12 x 12 pages!  I haven't scrapped TRF from this year yet, but I've done the 3 years prior.  My favorite from last year is the Top 10 Things My Daughter Learned at TRF.  I'll post it as soon as I figure out how to scan it.  I saw that someone just took a photo of the whole page.  Any other suggestions?

sealion

Quote from: HollyAtFairyEffects on December 18, 2008, 02:56:48 PM
Hmm...I need to figure out how to scan 12 x 12 pages!  I haven't scrapped TRF from this year yet, but I've done the 3 years prior.  My favorite from last year is the Top 10 Things My Daughter Learned at TRF.  I'll post it as soon as I figure out how to scan it.  I saw that someone just took a photo of the whole page.  Any other suggestions?

I use an inexpensive and very easy to use stitching program by ArcSoft called Panaorama Maker. There is a free trial period so check it out.
http://www.arcsoft.com/estore/index2008p3_2.asp

susannah

Happy New Year, scrappers! I just wanted to share that I'm attending a really exciting retreat next weekend with 10 of my scrap happy buddies! Check out where we're going!!
http://www.thescrapbookcabin.com/

I hope to get a lot of work done so I can share!
Susannah

Blushing

Have an awesome time susannah ... that looks like a neat place to escape to and scrap!  =)

I actually finished a faire album before New Year's - although I'm still way WAY behind, all my 2003-2004 faire photos are now in a massive album!  And I'm halfway finished with 2005.  I'll try to upload photos if any of you are interested in seeing the new pages.
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

susannah

Thanks, Blushing!
I would love to see your new pages once you upload them! Please share!!
Susannah