News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Knights of Mayhem

Started by PamJB_66, November 06, 2011, 10:54:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PamJB_66

I just saw an ad for this last night. It's a new reality show on the National Geographic Channel about a group of professional jousters.  It starts November 15th at 9:00 eastern.  Here's the link which has some video clips. Looks interesting.

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/knights-of-mayhem/

Adriana Rose

Seems cool. My son just made me play all the videos for him so it looks like I am going to have to record it for him.

Mairte

This is going to be great, I think. :)

Lady Christina de Pond

yeah i saw the previews for it too i'm interested
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

Mairte

I thoroughly enjoyed this and plan on watching again next week. :) Though I have to say, I found myself liking the Black Knight a little better than Charlie....I guess just not so much "flash and bluster". :D

Adriana Rose

Charlie was too much of an arse for me, I like the other guys alot better.
As for letting my 4 year old watch it, not so much.

dreamwalker

Yeah I like Sir Patrick better, he just keeps it real and a mentor/teacher to the new squires instead of being a huge egomaniac and throwing his weight around 24/7. Yeah, sometimes you have to like the bad boys....and Anderson's attitude towards Patrick is particularly heinous considering he's the one that taught him. What a thankless job right?

To me a teacher will always be a teacher even at my age. Say I ran into an old HS teacher or my old Karate Master tomorrow at the store... I'd be "Mr. X how do you do, remember me?"
Normal? What's that?

Lord Clisto of York

I know some of these guys from here and many others from different troupes, and Charlie thinks the world revolves around him and has, in the past, talked a lot of stuff about himself that wasn't true even on national TV. Gives true knighthood a bad name. Not saying he isn't good at what he does because he is, but he also has been taken down. Also, the thing I find funny about this series is the fact he keeps saying he is world champion, yet, the show only shows championships against his own troupe. Of course when you go up against your own guys... I have been to World Championship Jousting tourneys and there are guys from "all over the world". Patrick is just the opposite and needs to be hailed as what a knight should be. I still like full contact because that is the way it was. And the show as a whole is good as long as you can look past the "Charlie Drama". Just my 2 cents...

Lord Clisto
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

These guys perform at the Estes Park highland Games in Sept. A few years ago Charlie got REALLY Pissed when he thought the black knight put a bad hit on him. He actually took off his gauntlets and through them at the feet of the black knight and got in his face. Everyone was like WTH. He seemed a poor sport
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Lord Clisto of York

Charlie is like a baby. He has to win no matter what or else he pick up his toys and moves on or gets rid of the threat so he can win.  He needs to grow up.
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

Adriana Rose

He sounds like my 6 year old nephew, everything is a race until he is not winning then its high tragedy.

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

So while at the Estes Park Christmas Parade of Lights... the Black Knight was there. He actually has a jousting academy in Estes Park. Knights Edge Jousting Academy (KEJA)... sadly cannot find anything on the net accept in Facebook.

When he walked by Tom and I we gave him a HUZZAH! to which he gave one back. And then said to watch the Black Knight defeat everyone on Nat Geo's Knights of Mayhem... I yelled back... Especially Charlie Andrews. Got a smile out of him for that
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

dreamwalker

So this whole going off the grid thing; that's where he went :) This KEJA thing, would love to know more. Would love to see Black Night knock the sh*t out of Anderson. Love the name "Knights Edge".
Normal? What's that?

Athena

Quote from: Lord Clisto of York on November 16, 2011, 11:37:10 PM
And the show as a whole is good as long as you can look past the "Charlie Drama". Just my 2 cents...

Oh, but producers just LOVE that! I guarantee they're going to exploit the drama for all it's worth. There's always gotta be at least one person on reality TV who causes friction, that's just par for the course.  :D

I'd love to check the show out, but I don't have NatGeo. Will have to wait for the DVD...
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

Merlin the Elder

I always appreciate a reminder why we stopped watching television in 1997. Interesting to note that TV has gotten worse since...or is it the audience that has dumbed down? Sometimes I wonder...
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...