News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Post Faire Let Down

Started by BubbleWright, November 06, 2011, 06:31:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BubbleWright

I think it is quite normal to experience post Faire let down when the season ends. However, because of how the PARF season ended with the last weekend closed because of the snow, I find myself really down in the dumps. Anyone else?  :( :( :(
"It is only with the heart that one sees rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
   Antoine de St. Exupery

eloquentXI

I think this happens for us all. Con-goers tend to refer to a similar feeling as Post-Con-Depression....

It happens at the end of a fantastic weekend, and even more so at the end of the season.

I look through photos, laugh at the shenanigans and good memories, and that usually cheers me up. It also makes me look forward to the next season, no matter how far away it is.
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

kilted one

This is perfect time for my new favorite quote from Dr. Suess:

"Don't cry because it is over, smile because it happened".
....Because it was stapled to the elephant!!!   Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!

Merlin the Elder

Our faire season this year was extraordinary, running from mid-February thru early July, taking in 4 faires.  Taking Kilted One's (and Dr Suess') advice, we're sporting lots of smiles, and already have part of next year planned.

The abnormal end to PaRF would certainly hurt, though. I empathize with you on that, BW.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...