News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Zibellino

Started by Lady Isabella, November 09, 2011, 02:35:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Isabella

Does anyone have one? If you do, did you make it or buy it?

DonaCatalina

Both sort of ....
Enrique was a mink that I added a jeweled collar and decorations to the head.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Lady Isabella

Please post picture of him!!!

DonaCatalina

I only have an in progress picture.
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

operafantomet

I don't have one, but I was in the "Idle hands" challenge over at Realm of Venus, and one of the other participants made a fantastic version, so detailed! The animal lover in me think it's a gruesome thing to wear, but the historian in me loves quirky details like the zibellino, and especially as detailed as this one:

http://realmofvenus.renaissanceitaly.net/challenges/IRCMC-Oct2011-Results.htm
(scroll down to ca. the middle of the page)

Lady Isabella

Ladies Thank you! I am thinking of making one and I'm trying to find as much info as I can about them.
DonaCatalina, how will you "wear" it during faire? 

DonaCatalina

It's hard to see him in this photo; he is on my left shoulder.
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x71/Dona_Catalina/Scarby%202010/5-8-2010Scarby.jpg
He has a hinged jaw that clamps into a pin in my dress and his tail hangs down the back.
I would not purchase a new fur out of conscience, but at 81 years of age, Enrique is older than I am so he doesn't bother me so much.
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Lady Isabella

Oh wow! You look awesome. He looks really good on your shoulder! (I might copy you!) I don't have any issue with fur, but all the pelts I have found are vintage. So hopefully I won't offend any other cast members. =)
I know this is intirely another subject, but.....I LOVE your sleeves! What pattern did you use for them?
Back to Enrique, do you think you will add to him? Do you ever carry him?

Operafantomet, thanks for the link! Excellent ideas.

DonaCatalina

I drafted the pattern for the sleeves on the back of wrapping paper. They are based on the portrait of a Saint on an altar piece in Venice. The paiting is partially damaged so not all the details are visible. When I get home, I'll look up the portrait and get back to you when I get home.
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Adriana Rose

Where did you get the tear drop pearls? I really want some and I cannot them.

lady serena

Tixi made one out of fake fur and it looked like a real mink. The pictures are no longer there but its on page 53 of the Gallery of finished projects. Tixi if you still have pictures of it could you please repost them and if you have a pattern that you are willing to share, could you post them to? :) Thanks, Lady Serena
Guppy # 81
Fins up

Lady Isabella

Sealion,
I notice you also have one on your shoulder. Pictures please? Any info you could pass on is greatly appreciated!
Thanks to everyone. I LOVE this place!!!
Hoping to hear from Tixi as well....(hint hint) =)

DonaCatalina

Quote from: Adriana Rose on November 10, 2011, 09:35:01 PM
Where did you get the tear drop pearls? I really want some and I cannot them.

sunshine crafts.
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

DonaCatalina

Quote from: DonaCatalina on November 10, 2011, 02:28:15 PM
I drafted the pattern for the sleeves on the back of wrapping paper. They are based on the portrait of a Saint on an altar piece in Venice. The paiting is partially damaged so not all the details are visible. When I get home, I'll look up the portrait and get back to you when I get home.
Saint Justina of Padua
http://wolfe.gen.tcd.ie/gconant/art/montagna1.jpg
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Adriana Rose

To find a mink to make a Zibellino look on ebay for old mink stoles and such there are a TON on there.

I found one that is fantasic, like 6 minks in great shape. The trouble is that I cannot bring myself to take them apart, they have been friends for so long I cant bear to part them. Weird yes but thats that!