News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

I am at a Quandary.

Started by Lady Gryphon, November 14, 2011, 08:40:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Isabella

Captain Teague

I contacted the other button company for a quote, still waiting for a reply. Hopefully between the two, we can get some authentics.  ;D
The Code is the Law...

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

Lord Dragon!!!

Please let your dear Lady know that I just sent off a swatch of the fabric for you to drool over.

There are times when something specific cannot be found and somethong like this jumps out and says, "BUY ME"!! This fabric was one of those times.
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

Captain Teague

You tease.  ;D

Just told her.  :)

And That is pretty much how I do what little shopping I do myself. Items have to jump out or be quite correct for me and whatever I am working on. Definitely a +100000 on my fabric vote, that will knock some eyeballs out.  ;D
The Code is the Law...

Captain Teague

*Update*

Just got the pattern swatch for the coat in the mail when we arrived home from TRF....BEE-YOO-TEFULL!  ;D

Ordered a custom pair of boots from TRF while we were there, thanks to a couple disreputable ruffians we met from here IRL while attending.  8)

Picked up a low dollar Cutlass while at TRF so it doesn't hurt so bad when I modify and fabricate it to look like Teagues. Seems no one makes any sort of reproduction of it.

Got an email back from the one company who said they could produce the buttons, but while I do not know euro currency, it still seems a bit high for an order of a thousand.
QuoteThe price for this button (23 mm, antique silver) is 1,60 Euro/each + tools cost 1 x 295,00 Euro.
Delivery time is appr. 6 weeks.
free home delivery

Found Jack's "Mum" (the shrunken head from POTC 3 ) from the same company contracted to make them for the POTC movies.
The Code is the Law...

Magpie Flynn

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

$2 to $2.50 US for a Specialty Button like that is not that bad a price. But I do not need 1,000 of them.

3 dozen for the Teague coat should suffice.

Captain Teague

Yes, that is the problem indeed. I figure two coats here, maybe a couple hundred for some other vendors I know and that would be all I could distribute out. I sent out some more inquiries today to some other manufacturers. Tis becoming quite the quest indeed, but a way shall be found. ;D I just cannot cover $2500 in buttons alone.  ;)
The Code is the Law...

Lady Gryphon

Any Pattern suggestions for the breaches?  These have buttons on the bottom where they go into the boot.  I love the look, Any ideas where to start looking for a patter?

Thanks
Why do I feel like I've worn something like this before?

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

How about the Simplicity Jack Sparrow pattern! i have made the shirt twice already.

http://www.simplicity.com/p-2198-men-costumes.aspx The Breeches pattern is not that difficult and the vest as well.

Captain Teague

Great pattern.  :)

I been kinda leaning towards this design of them (about halfway down their page, just above the white shirt )
http://yordreem.com/costuming/replica-jack-sparrow-items/

Just got another reply on the buttons. Overseas factory says they can reproduce them, 500 minimum, for around 1.50- 1.75 each. Am going to email  a few times first to make sure they are reputable, I found them on Alibaba.com and have never used that before.
The Code is the Law...

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

I am so glad that you liked the fabric I bought for your coat, Lord Dragon. It was the correct color that is going to stand out from all the other Pirate coats you will see at a festival. I am stoked to get this going and ready to work on while I am on my trip to Nevada come the end of January for 2 weeks. That will be the hand sewing of the gold cording around the leaf pattern.

Captain Teague

Yes indeed. Verrah VERRAH happy with the fabric choice.  ;D

And I just went ahead and placed an order for the buttons. 23mm, 7-10 days to process them and of course, overseas shipping time. I got them for a dollar apiece.  ;D
Now to cross my fingers they are good quality.  ;)
The Code is the Law...

Lady Isabella

Can't wait to see the buttons!

DonaCatalina

Quote from: Lord Dragon on November 30, 2011, 02:05:47 AM
Yes indeed. Verrah VERRAH happy with the fabric choice.  ;D

And I just went ahead and placed an order for the buttons. 23mm, 7-10 days to process them and of course, overseas shipping time. I got them for a dollar apiece.  ;D
Now to cross my fingers they are good quality.  ;)

Looks like they will be a Christmas present to yourself. :)
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess