News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Scarborough tickets on sale for 2012 season

Started by DonaCatalina, November 14, 2011, 04:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merlin the Elder

Phwew!  You had me worried there, son! Though my tastes vary from that, I totally concur with your logic.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

DonaCatalina

well, don't hate me if I've decided that Forty Creek is better than JD. :)
Anyone going to preview weekend? Don Juan will be roaming around on his lonesome that day.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Merlin the Elder

We decided to forgo Preview in lieu of opening weekend.

I won't say that I've tried all whiskeys and know Jack Daniel's to be the one-and-only, and tastes vary considerably. I enjoy JD and have a history with it—it provided my very first drunk, bed-spins, hurls, and two-day hangover. I've loved it ever since.  ;D

I always enjoy an education of my palate, especially with alcohol!  Some things I do have trouble with...the strong peat flavour of many Scotches, but I have had some that were quite tasty.

Back on topic, though, I notice that FoF memberships will not be sold after Feb 28 this year, so if you want to be a Friend of the Faire, get on board now!

DonaCatalina

This is a reminder that February 28, 2012 is the last day to get a Friend of Faire membership online at the discounted price of $115.00. Beginning February 29, 2012 Friend of Faire memberships will still be available online for $125.00.

Discounted Friends of Faire Memberships will still be on sale for $115 at the North Texas Irish Festival at Fair Park – March 2, 3 & 4. We will also be taking pictures and handing out Friend of the Faire Pins as in years past.
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

DanielleGuinnMKT

Thank you DonaCatalina -I knew that newsletter would pay off!

Friend of Faire Memberships will be available ALL SEASON until we reach our limit of 2,000. The date February 28, 2012 is the last day to buy them for $115.00 unless you purchase them at North Texas Irish Festival. From February 29,1012-April 1, 2012 they will be $125.00 and then April 2nd-May 28th they will be $135.

If any of you have any questions about things you may be hearing; please feel free to email me or send me a private message and I will do my best to clarify. (My email is Danielle@srfestival.com).
Danielle Guinn
Director of Marketing
Scarborough Renaissance Festival
972-938-3247 x30
Danielle@srfestival.com

Merlin the Elder

Perhaps I read it incorrectly...old eyes. Trust me when I say that the FoF pass is a good deal. Even in the years when we can only come down one weekend, we've made it pay. Four of us normally travel together, Nim & I get the FoF.  At advance prices, 8 tickets would cost us $160, or at the gate, $196. We get preferential parking (quite nice), 10% discount on shirts & mugs...between the 4 of us, we've never spent less than $200 in the shop, and we've taken huge advantage of the FoF pavilions. We're within a few bucks for just one trip down!  Anything more than that is gravy...  PLUS, FoF monies are used to fund special projects at the faire.  I highly recommend FoF passes if you plan to be at the faire more than one weekend.

(** I received no remuneration for the previous endorsement **)  :)

eloquentXI

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on February 04, 2012, 11:40:23 PM
Perhaps I read it incorrectly...old eyes. Trust me when I say that the FoF pass is a good deal. Even in the years when we can only come down one weekend, we've made it pay. Four of us normally travel together, Nim & I get the FoF.  At advance prices, 8 tickets would cost us $160, or at the gate, $196. We get preferential parking (quite nice), 10% discount on shirts & mugs...between the 4 of us, we've never spent less than $200 in the shop, and we've taken huge advantage of the FoF pavilions. We're within a few bucks for just one trip down!  Anything more than that is gravy...  PLUS, FoF monies are used to fund special projects at the faire.  I highly recommend FoF passes if you plan to be at the faire more than one weekend.

(** I received no remuneration for the previous endorsement **)  :)

There is also something to be said about the fact that money that is gained from the FOF pass ends up going back to the faire itself. It has helped repair bridges and stages. Before I started working weekends, the FOF was great because it eliminated my worry of having to figure out exactly where I was going to scrounge up the cash to get a ticket to get in. If I get grab a ride or get enough gas in my truck, I could pack a few sammichs in my bag and go to faire for the day.

This season is just gonna be a lil leaner than the previous few.
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

DonaCatalina

Huzah to Danielle!
For us just the parking and water makes the FOF pass a bargain. Not to mention we're there every weekend anyway.
Its not the walk to the gate in the morning; its the walk back to the car in the evening that makes the difference.
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Merlin the Elder

Quote from: DonaCatalina on February 05, 2012, 12:38:24 PM...Its not the walk to the gate in the morning; its the walk back to the car in the evening that makes the difference.

That's no kidding. In our earlier days at Scarby, we ended up in the east 40. It's a long walk at the end of the day!

*Teach*

Finally remembered to buy my tickets!
At the moment we are pretty sure we will be there at least opening and closing. There is a potential third weekend but we just don't know when or if on that one.

*Mundania keeps trying to cut into my rum/faire budget*
*Got more Rum?* "Here, Try This!"
http://forums.wearephoenixrisen.com

Eddie

Got my FOF pass now just need ink to print it off.

DonaCatalina

I think discount tickets are still available online as of 3/14
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Merlin

Anál nathrach- Breath of serpent
Orth' bháis 's bethad- Spell of death and of life
Do chél dénmha- Thy omen of making