News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

New book(let) from the Tudor Tailor gang?

Started by gem, November 15, 2011, 06:23:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gem

Am I the only one just hearing about this?

The Queen's Servant's: Gentlewomen's Dress at the Accession of Henry VIII

There's a lengthy description at that link, but here's a snippet:

QuoteNinya Mikhaila?s patterns provide guidance on the reconstruction of a complete set of clothes for a gentlewoman at the turn of the century including several styles of smock, a typical kirtle and two styles of gown with a range of sleeve variations. Bonnets, pastes and frontlets are the usual items of headwear issued to gentlewomen during the era. Suggestions for recreating these are also provided. The patterns are based on the evidence from the royal accounts together with an extensive pictorial survey of portraits, brasses and stained glass and detailed examination of three-dimensional sources such as church effigies. The patterns are complemented by helpful diagrams dealing with practical techniques and useful tips for making the garments.

The kicker, though, is it's only 56 pages (unless that's a typo?).

Has anyone heard more about this?

gem

mellingera

Havent heard a thing. I went looking when I saw your first post. It is only available direct from them, as far as I can tell. I was really hoping amazon.com would have it...  :(