News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Official Announcement - Rendezvous 2012

Started by DeadBishop, November 17, 2011, 10:26:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hibernian

Ummm guys? The beach is at minimum four hours from Charlotte. Now if you're interested in mountains, those are available in just about 90 minutes (depending on how fast you drive and where). Nice mountains, nothing like the giants in Colorado, but pretty waterfalls, nice trails and great sunrises and sunsets.
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin badges!"

Ms Trish

My apologies...I did not mean to imply beaches in Charlotte but at the coast. And maybe Myrtle Beach at that.
If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right!

Lady Goodhaven

Huzzah and welcome all to our home faire! We can only hope we will actually be living in our home when the weekend arrives in order to greet all of you. I didn't even know about Rendezvous until a dear friend let me know about it and to discover it is coming to Charlotte. Hooray!!!

Norfolk

Quote from: Lady Goodhaven on November 18, 2011, 07:42:18 PM
I didn't even know about Rendezvous until a dear friend let me know about it ...

T'was entirely my pleasure, Lady Goodhaven!  It is my second fondest hope that the Baroness and I will have you and your consort as guides on our pilgrimage to Fairhaven.  My first is, of course, that you and your consort will grace our beloved Larkspurshire (Colorado) with your presence this season.

As for Ms. Trish's beach fantasy ... I can assure you that Charlotte is a lot closer to the nearest beach than Larkspurshire!
Just call me "Your Grace"

Merlin the Elder

Charlotte is also only 2 hours away from the highest point on the Blue Ridge Parkway—Mt. Pisgah—and a beautiful spot to spend the night—the Pisgah Inn.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Mairte

My son and fiance live in Asheville....I think I will talk to him and see if he is up for all of us going. :)

Merlin the Elder

Ah! Then I can give you a hard time in person, Mairte!  :P
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

Rani Zemirah

I'm excited!  There are soooo many wonderful forum members who call CRF home, and I can't wait to meet them, or greet them anew!!!  I hope the dates will coincide with a time that we are able to make the trip!!! 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Lady Kett

LadyJessica

Ok...I'll give you time to plan a little bit but the questions I have are:

Is there a Host hotel?  If so what's the name and what's the address?  (I saw in the "pick me" that it was the Microtel for this year but I never saw which one and there's several in the area.  And it's a little disconcerting that the Microtel by the airport w/ airfare came up as 666.  ;) ;D :D)

Is there anyone willing to host/house out-of-towners or play Driver?

If I need to mail my sharp-n-pointy items is there anyone willing to get and hold them for me?

I'm sure I'll think of more...I'm just hoping to be able to take the time off for it...that's been my downfall for all the others except TRF and Scarby.  But I should know by April.
Loki GODDESS
Lady-in-Lacing to QOE
FOKTOP
Director of Social Tourture for the Empire
Gneaitheas Gnomie (DG#290)

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia

Thank-thee all for the well wishes!!!  We are very pleased to be hosting the 2012 Rendezvous which will be held... All Hallow's Eve Weekend October 26, 27 & 28th!!!  More information forthcoming!!
"Embrace those who love you and rid yourself of those who bring you down."

LadyJessica

Well then that settles it...I won't be making it this year as that is the ONE weekend that my group comes out in full force.  Sorry, but ya'll have fun for me.
Loki GODDESS
Lady-in-Lacing to QOE
FOKTOP
Director of Social Tourture for the Empire
Gneaitheas Gnomie (DG#290)

renfairephotog

Is that a threeday weekend or a Friday night meet n greet?

I'm in a similar sitiuation as Lady Jessica, that weekend I'll be at the Alabama ren faire. Which means I can't make it although it wa s doubtful I would have anyway with the new addidtion. He'll be one around then.
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer