News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Official Announcement - Rendezvous 2012

Started by DeadBishop, November 17, 2011, 10:26:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eloquentXI

Sorry folks, that automatically is ruled out. All Hallows Eve is one of my big weekends at home faire and pretty soon after DragonCon. :(
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

Merlin the Elder

I think that may coincide with fall break, which will make it even easier on me.  Historical averages for temperature look great—upper 60s—which will be welcome for hot-blooded wizards. I'm already excited! Actually, both of us are!  Nim's sis and nieces are only about 3-1/2 hours away... I have a cousin nearby somewhere that I haven't seen in 20 years...
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Athena

A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

Norfolk

The Baroness and I are waiting with baited breath for the answer to the query from renfairephotog.  But, either way, we're planning to come.  And I'm willing to bet that a goode tyme will be had by all!

Just call me "Your Grace"

Zoë

Huzzah! The beau and I might be honeymooning at that point in time, but as our plans haven't yet been made it might be possible for me to work in a trip out. Plus, my in-laws are planning to move to Asheville next year which I might have heard is not too far away? We could potentially combine a trip to see them with a trip to Rendezvous. :)
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Hibernian

Quote from: renfairephotog on November 20, 2011, 08:04:45 PM
Is that a threeday weekend or a Friday night meet n greet?

CRF will be open on Saturday and Sunday as usual. There will be a Friday night meet-n-greet aka icebreaker aka let the dogs out aka another Guinness please. Projected plans see this happening in the CRF area (think Huntersville/Corenlius, NC) of Exit 25 off Interstate 77. Lady Mikayla is handing out assignments to her team now and as soon as the tenative plans become facts we'll publish them in the appropriate thread. BUT a Friday night meet-n-greet at a local pub is a given.
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin badges!"

Hibernian

Quote from: Zoë on November 21, 2011, 09:12:45 AM
Huzzah! The beau and I might be honeymooning at that point in time, but as our plans haven't yet been made it might be possible for me to work in a trip out. Plus, my in-laws are planning to move to Asheville next year which I might have heard is not too far away? We could potentially combine a trip to see them with a trip to Rendezvous. :)

By Google Maps, it is only 123 miles from the heart of Asheville, NC to CRF. The majority of that is via interstate and an easy drive! Asheville is a neat little city with beautiful mountains. If possible, and you have the time make sure you see the Biltmore House. Yes its a wee bit expensive, but its worth it.
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin badges!"

kcdcchef

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on November 18, 2011, 06:40:39 PM
Quote from: Ms Trish on November 18, 2011, 09:32:27 AM
Dates please! ....

Sorry, Tish. I'm married! I'll have to ask Nim...

meh, i think she'd be all to happy to unload you, even if temporarily.

Ms Trish

Quote from: kcdcchef on November 21, 2011, 02:09:14 PM
Quote from: Merlin the Elder on November 18, 2011, 06:40:39 PM
Quote from: Ms Trish on November 18, 2011, 09:32:27 AM
Dates please! ....

Sorry, Tish. I'm married! I'll have to ask Nim...

meh, i think she'd be all to happy to unload you, even if temporarily.
She's a delightful woman! But you're probably right on the temporary reprieve.  :)
If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right!

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

Oh bummer,that could possibly be our closing weekend! We will just have to wait and see.  :(
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

Merlin

If my dad... Lady Kett & Sidekick and the Baron are all going... count the Merlin Clan in. At least 3 of us.... the oldest food eater may have class. (insert joke here)
Anál nathrach- Breath of serpent
Orth' bháis 's bethad- Spell of death and of life
Do chél dénmha- Thy omen of making

Merlin the Elder

Merlin

Quick question...where does one fly into to get to this place?
Anál nathrach- Breath of serpent
Orth' bháis 's bethad- Spell of death and of life
Do chél dénmha- Thy omen of making

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Merlin on November 21, 2011, 07:55:10 PM
If my dad... Lady Kett & Sidekick and the Baron are all going... count the Merlin Clan in. At least 3 of us.... the oldest food eater may have class. (insert joke here)

The lady Addilay and I shall also be there
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Merlin the Elder

Quote from: Merlin on November 21, 2011, 08:06:13 PM
Quick question...where does one fly into to get to this place?
It's right outside (north) of Charlotte, NC