News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Empty Hats--Only One Weekend??

Started by Elinor Hakebourne, June 20, 2008, 08:22:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elinor Hakebourne

Just saw a flyer for the festival today, and noticed Empty Hats as a special guest for one of the weekends. Does this mean they're only performing that weekend? That would really sadden me, as they're a "must see" for my faire trips, and them only performing one weekend would limit when I could go :( On the other hand, if it just means they're "featured" for that weekend, I have no problem with that, 'cause, well, they're amazing :)

Lady Amy of York

I  questioned that too ! The way i  read it though, it did make it sound like it was  for that one  weekend  only ! You could  always  call sterling and  ask  them . :)
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

IndeanaSunday

Yup. EH were only able to be booked for one weekend because of prior contracted commitments. There are a bunch of new entertainers this year though, so hopefully you'll find a new favorite to make up for their absence!

Elinor Hakebourne

:( Booooo! That saddens me! Well, I'll just have to go that weekend, won't I? (But I am looking forward to seeing the new acts, as well :)) Thank you for the info!

Quiet One

All 4 weekends in July, Gaicomo and Looney Lucy will be at Great Lakes Medieval Faire for the first time in my memory.  Come down and join us opening weekend for our RF invasion.

Of your new acts I've seen and enjoyed at other faires -  Zilch the Torysteller, Crannog and Minstrels of Mayhem.

Hopefully one year I will be able to make the trip to Sterling, even though it runs the same time as my home faire of Great Lakes.
Whisper'n M'Crack
Castleteer

Drake Starsong

Technically it ends a week after the GLMF! so you could always make closing weekend! *nudge nudge*  ::)
Yo ho Yo ho!

Quiet One

By then, that is my recovery weekend.  So I can start again with Michigan, Pittsburgh, and Ohio.

Next year I will have more vacation time, maybe closing weekend might be a possiblity.
Whisper'n M'Crack
Castleteer

Drake Starsong

Recovery weekened? Whats recovery? this isn't in my dictionary  ;)
Yo ho Yo ho!