News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Need Performance Name/s?

Started by Xarlenna, November 25, 2011, 05:43:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xarlenna

Hi all, I am a bassist/guitarist who is looking to start up a band project, how-ever, I have one major problem, and that is deciding on the name, of which I currently have two: Wyverns of Old and Wyverns of the Old Ways. Suggest names you think would be good, and when I've gotten about mayb 5 - 7 names, I will start a poll. The style of the music is a cross between Celtic, Rock, Rock n Roll, Punk and some Fantasy Metal (i.e dragonforce, hammerfall, sonata arctica etc...) so yeah, ideas please!!

Lady Rosaline

Personally of two you listed, I like Wyverns of Old best.
I'm the reason the rum is gone! (Unless Teach is near by!)

McGuinness

What about just "Wyverns"? Sounds more modern and "punk-y" to me.

Anna Iram

Xarlenna

Thanks guys, I think I preffer either Wyverns Way or Wyverns of Old best, I may post some of my lyrics for vieiwing if that is allowed.

Anna Iram

Hmmm...you may come across problems using Wyvern's Way. Turns out it's a fictional place in the books called Dragonology. Don't know how that works, just don't want to see you off on the wrong foot. Good luck with your band! I'd think it would be okay to post lyrics. You could always ask the mod of this forum or Deadbishop our admin.

Merlin the Elder

If they are your own composition, there would be no restriction at all. The posting of copyrighted lyrics, if you don't own them, is technically illegal. It doesn't seem to be bothering most folks—they're all over the Internet—, but the owner has every right to make you remove them, should they so choose.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...