News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

fae makeup?

Started by Shilori, May 09, 2011, 11:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FaeHollow

go to deviant art and look up fairy makeup... or be specific as to what kind of fae you are. WHat kind of fae are you Bonny? I might be able to dig some stuff out of my faespiration folder for you!
Leigh

Bonny Pearl

I will look that up.  I am going for a midnight fairy look.  My colors are a dark purple/plum, a dark stormy grey and black.
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

FaeHollow

Leigh

magicxx

I find that it is best not to limit yourself to "faerie makeup" when searching. Glance around at eccentric makeup for models, magazines, runways, whatever. There is wonderful fantasy makeup out there that isn't under a fantasy tag.

Bonny Pearl

Yep, I have seen a lot of really great designs on the web.  I am limited on what I can do artistically with make-up though.  I can envision it like there is no tomorrow, but applying the make-up... not so much lol.
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

FaeHollow

I have a theatre degree bonny including stage make-up experience. I can teach you if you pick a design. I'll come over we will have a fae day
Leigh

Bonny Pearl

Quote from: FaeHollow on April 16, 2012, 01:20:58 PM
I have a theatre degree bonny including stage make-up experience. I can teach you if you pick a design. I'll come over we will have a fae day

Wewt!!  We are so on!  ;D 
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Trillium

Bonny, I'm in the same boat as you....  I've given up and go for the natural look!   ;D
Got faerie dust?

FaeHollow

Here we go Bonny I'm emptying my fae file on you lol

whew!

Leigh

Bonny Pearl

:o :o :o  Fae Overload lol!  Wow, so much to look at!   I already see a couple of favs so at least I know where to start narrowing it down.  :)
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

magicxx

They are all so lovely! My biggest advice would be to take it slow and steady. I don't know what sort of brushes you use, but use many in order to create a look. And with eyeliner, for those precise lines I suggest a felt tip liquid eyeliner pen. L'Oreal's Linear Intense is my favorite. Just go slow and steady. Trying to rush it will just make it look sloppy. The better you get at it, the faster you can go, so just practice practice practice.

And make sure to blend. 8D

FaeHollow

Practice make perfect in things like this definitely. Pick 1-3 bonny and we will get you what you need!
Leigh

Bonny Pearl

Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88