News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2012 Renaissance and Fantasy Faire of the Ozarks

Started by Lady Margarita, December 14, 2011, 05:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Margarita

The Renaissance and Fantasy Faire of the Ozarks would like to take this opportunity to invite one and all to come and be part of our faire family.  In 2012, we will be holding our 2nd annual faire.  We are planning a faire for the spring (April 21-22) and one for the fall (TBA).  You can check us out at www.renfanfaire.biz or on our facebook page.    We are located in Fayetteville, Arkansas.  We are currently looking for vendors, performers, and cast members, so if you would like to join our family please let us know. 

Craigmeister

Huzzah!  I plan to be back this April.  I'm glad you were able to add spring dates for your faire!  I always have a great time in Fayetteville!  The people are great and the cast always has something going on.
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

DonaCatalina

A date in the Fall we might consider. April and May are already booked for us.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Lady Margarita

We will be having a faire in the fall as well.  We haven't set the dates for it yet as we have to look at the Arkansas Razorback football schedule.  In Arkansas, especially Fayetteville where the University is, you can not schedule anything at the same time as the Razorbacks are playing.  You can't even find a hotel room or camping ground for miles around if the game is in town.  As soon as we set the date for the fall we will get it posted and out.

We would love for all to come out and join our faire family!

Merlin the Elder

That's the truth, Lady Margarita! When they play their 2 or 3 games in Little Rock, I make sure I stay out of town, and I live just across the river! Those people (Razorbackers) are Nutz!
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Lady Margarita

Merlin,

I live in Jacksonville, just about 20 mile north (give or take a few miles), of Little Rock and I never go to Little Rock when the Razorbacks are in town.  It is worse up in Fayetteville.  We had a faire meeting one weekend when they were playing.  I made the mistake of driving up the morning of the meeting instesd of the night before.  The razorbacks had a 1 kick off time.  It was 10:30 in the morning and the traffic was already backed up severl miles onto the freeway. 

Merlin the Elder

Quote from: Lady Margarita on December 18, 2011, 04:56:20 PM
Merlin,

I live in Jacksonville, just about 20 mile north (give or take a few miles), of Little Rock .... 

OMG!! A LOCAL!!! I had no idea there were any R/Fers anywhere near us.  I know where Jacksonville is since my dad was stationed there when we arrived in the area in 1955...just a few years back... We're in Maumelle...

Lady Margarita

My husband passes by the Maumelle exit on his way to work everyday.  He works in Little Rock off of Cantrel.  I almost took a teaching job at Pine Forest Elementary in Maumelle

Unfortunately there aren't any faires in Central Arkansas, although the group in Fayetteville has talked about possibly bringing one in but that won't be for a few years yet.  Need to get Fayetteville's off the ground first.  I've had several people interested in brining one to Central Arkansas. 

Would you like to participate in the Fayetteville faire?  I am actually the General Manager for the faire and I am looking for cast members, vendors, and performing groups.  I would love to have more Arkansans involved in the faire!  Our website is www.renfanfaire.biz   and I invite you to join our forum (there is a button for it on the website)

And yes, I drive up to Fayetteville to meet with the group at least once a month and when the faire dates gets closer I will be up there every weekend.  In fact, this past weekend was the first time in 3 months I haven't been in Fayetteville for the weekend.  The good thing is I have some great people who don't need me to oversee them every day.  Although, I get updates every night!

There is another faire in Arkansas that will be starting in 2012.  It is the Texarkansas Renaissance Faire.  I found it by accident while surfing the net.  They have a Facebook page and a web page as well.   It will be held in October (sorry I can't remember the exact dates)

Merlin the Elder

Well, things are getting a little closer to home.  There was a feeble attempt several years back at a faire in North Little Rock along the river. It would be great to have one there, but it was so poorly planned. We were there for 20-30 minutes and had seen and done everything.

Lady Margarita

Merlin,

I went to that one as well.  I agree it was poorly planned.  That is one thing that we are making sure we do.... plan, plan, and plan some more.   That's why we have meetings at least once a month with the whole group and then each individual group and guild has their own meeting.  When the faire gets closer we will start having meetings more often...like every weekend!    And of course al the group leaders report to me on almost a weekly basis (sometimes daily depending on the group) on their progress. 

Merlin the Elder

I wish you all the best with this effort. No way to make the spring fest, but will keep eyes open for fall dates.

I looked up the Texarkansas RenFest and they are slated for the first weekend of October. Since we are planning on traveling to RenDezvous in October, I don't think we can squeeze another faire in there. It would be close...only a couple of hours away. I'm hoping to win that big lottery...then I'll build a nice faire right here in central Arkansas.

Lady Margarita

Great minds thing alike!  I am waiting for the big lottery win too! LOL And I plan on using it to get the Renaissance and Fantasy Faire of the Ozarks going and then work on one in Central Arkansas 

Craigmeister

I have posted a video for the 2011 RFFO.  I hope you enjoy it.  Happy New Year!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke7zqayPwvs
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Lady Margarita

Graigmeister,  Once again you have made a wonderful video!  Thank you sooo much for posting it here for al to see.  You are the best!

The Rabbi

Huzzah it is planned out for the 22nd of April hope to meet some other RFers and will get to be with some great fair family as I just heard Steel Serenity and Fae will be there as well. Nough to make this old man do an Irish Jig ifn the knees would co operate.
My sanity is not lost I sent it away
Proud member of FOKTOP

Craigmeister

The Rabbi

Finlly 6 days and counting to my first Faire Fix of the season. Looking forward to seeing old friends and making new. I am sooooo ready for this I need the relaxation.
Proud member of FOKTOP

Craigmeister

I'll see you there, Rabbi.  There's a great group of people who work and visit the Renfaire in Fayetteville!

The Rabbi

After a very long day at faire I am both exhausted and hurting but Felt the need to say HUZZAH to Three Crones and a Pirate for truly rising from the ashes and creating a magnificent faire. Was very pleased to see many old friends and make new ones as well. Was truly a delight to visit with Craigmeister as he does so much for the smaller faires and assisting in our promotions. I can not say enough good things for the folks there in Arkansas as I truly did enjoy myself immensely. I remember now why I came back to the Ren Family Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.
Proud member of FOKTOP

Craigmeister

Thanks, Rabbi.  It is my pleasure to get the word out about the Renaissance, Medieval, Scottish festivals in and around Oklahoma.

I've posted pictures on my website from RFFO.  I saw Ryleh the Wanderer on Saturday taking pictures as well.  He does a great job at that.  Keep checking www.ryleh.org for them.

Lady Margarita

Thank you Rabbi and Craigmeister!  Your support of our faire is most welcome.  We are overjoyed that you were able to be part of our faire family.  Remember, you always have a home away from home at RFFO!

The pictures were great!  I used some of them in our presentation to the Fayetteville Advertising and Promotion Commission!  So, in a way, Graigmeister you helped us get their financial support! 

Craigmeister

That's great!  I wish we would have done that in Tulsa a few years ago.  Oh well, live and learn.  I'll be submitting a vendor application for November 10th & 11th very soon.