News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Meister's Realm

Started by The Rabbi, May 10, 2012, 06:35:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rabbi

No this is not a new faire and might not be the proper place to post this but well it is the best place I can think of. We here in this part of the world are very fortunate indeed to have a certian forum member known as craigmeister who is a true Champion of Renaissance and medieval Faires. He provides fairgoers both playtron and mundane with a free list of faires in our area and promotes all of us equally. He sets his tent up and even pays a vendor fee if required to provide this invaluable service to our communities. He never ask for anything special and does everything in his power to assist not only at the faire but in providing us with much needed free advertisement on his site. In short I think it was about time he was given a bit of recognition and thought this would be a great place to do so. THANK YOU good sir Craigmeister.
My sanity is not lost I sent it away
Proud member of FOKTOP

Craigmeister

Thanks, Rabbi.  I owe this obsession to David Timmons who used to run the King Arthur Faire in Stroud, OK.  I was crushed when his family-friendly faire went under in 2007.  I don't want to see any other Renfaires go away so I'm just trying to get the word out about the smaller and younger Renfaires in and around Oklahoma.

I owe lots to the performers and vendors I have met over the years.  From the Ladies of the Salty Kiss/Shanty Lasses, Black Pearl Leather pirates, Fugli Troll to Leghorn the Piper.  These fine folks and others have provided me with plenty of info on Renfaires.  I couldn't do much of what I do without help from people like them.

Fugli is largely to blame for my presence.  He told me a few years ago that I should set up a tent at Renfaires.  I told him that I didn't have anything to sell but he said "so what?".  Then I came up with this crazy scheme to hand out flyers at the faires because I myself was having trouble finding out where they were going to be while using the national Ren websites as resources. 

I feel that I have a similar mission to Leghorn.  He pipes at small and new faires to provide atmosphere.  He's an entertainer and I'm a town cryer, so to speak.

Needless to say, if anyone has any info on a Renaissance, Medieval, Celtic or Scottish fest that I don't have at meistersrealm.com, please let me know.  I'll research it and add it.  Godspeed to your next event!
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Lady Margarita

The Renaissance and Fantasy Faire of the Ozarks thanks Meister's Realm for his support of our small faire.  I, like Rabbi, feel that Meister's Realm should be recognized for his support of all the faires in and around Oklahoma, Arkansas, Kansas, and Missouri (those I know for sure).  He has helped RFFO to grow!  Thank you!  You are the best and are always welcomed at RFFO!

Craigmeister

Okay, I'm blushing again.  You are welcome.  You guys put on great events.  I'm just trying to help faire goers (including myself) have a great time several weekends a year.
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.