News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Magic Returns

Started by The Rabbi, December 17, 2011, 10:56:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rabbi

It is with great pleasure I humbly present to you the dates for Spirit Of Magic May 5th and 6th 2012 Strang Oklahoma. We still have a long hard row to hoe but nothing worth doing ever comes easy. Check out the updates at http://www.hyer-aim.com/index.html and if you feel generouse check out our fundraising campaign at http://www.indiegogo.com/Gypsy-Woods I know that this year will only be the beginning of things to come because of all the very special people standing by my side and supporting my insanity. I truly hope to see many of you visit over the next several years. Thank you all for allowing me to be a part of this very fantastic forum and family.
My sanity is not lost I sent it away
Proud member of FOKTOP

Merlin the Elder

HUZZAH! .. and congratulations, Rabbi!
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Bob of the Lake

Wonderful news, Rabbi! Congrats and all the best!
I came, I saw, I skipped to my lou.
            - Hammy the Squirrel

Craigmeister

Hip, hip, huzzah!  I'm ready to bring the Meister's Realm back to the Spirit Of Magic Faire!
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Lady Margarita

Rabbi,
Just keep working at it.  I know exactly what you mean about having a long row to hoe.  Good luck to you!  And this is wonderful news!

Rani Zemirah

Oh, how exciting!  My Scally Wag and I will certainly try to make it for this!!! 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

The Rabbi

Rani give me a shout and if you are still interested in a bit of vending i think you would be most welcome. If you check out the home page for SoM you will see the future site for the Gypsy Woods B&B. I will also have a gypsy encampment within the grounds as well.
Proud member of FOKTOP

The Rabbi

The holidays sorta sidetracked me but now will return to getting things in order for SoM. Posted a few photos on our homepage http://www.hyer-aim.com/index.html and updated our fundraising page http://www.indiegogo.com/Gypsy-Woods. Clearing fencepost and barbwire have added a few new cuts and scrapes in the process. I still can not see much progress but I know my body tells me I am doing something. So far entertainment will be Shanty Lasses, The Didgeman, Steel Serenity, and Pirate Pixie Productions. Looking forward to meeting some of you there and hope more then I expect.
Proud member of FOKTOP

Rani Zemirah

We would love to come out and try our hand at a bit of Gypsy trading!  I've got lots of things in the crafting queue, so maybe we would be able to at least pay for our gas and expenses for the trip...  ;)  A bit of storytelling and palm reading sounds fun, also!  Might be able to rig a fairly authentic looking bender tent for the encampment, as well!  Just hope it doesn't rain on us...  :o 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

The Rabbi

Rain?......In May.......In Oklahoma........Never, lol. Im just hoping theres not a tornado maybe we can get some wizardly help there. It will be a bit rough grounds this year but that will only leave room for improvement.
Proud member of FOKTOP

Rani Zemirah

Well, with a bender you have open ends, and very little weather-proofing, but I may be able to figure out how to conceal tarps well enough to keep us at least mostly dry.  Might need to scavenge a few pallets from some local source, as well, for flooring. 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

The Rabbi

What type covering are you using on your bender as there is a bender that has one end closed in. As for palletts I am sure we can come up with something suitable. Dont forget sat. night will be a potluck and posably a wedding. Will send you a P.M. later this evening or in morning.
Proud member of FOKTOP

Rani Zemirah

Well, traditionally they just used blankets to cover the bender, and since most blankets were of felted woven wool at the time, usually with a good bit of the sheep's natural oils left in, they were fairly well water resistant.  However... since I don't have access to that, and will be substituting more modern (camouflaged) frame material than willow branches, I should be able to sandwich a layer of tarps between the outer covering (woven blankets) and the inner draping (vintage saris).  I will be closing the ends at night with tarps, most likely, unless it's very warm, in which case I'll just use more saris to let the breeze through. 

I've designed a frame that's theoretically easy to put together and take apart, and small enough to travel with, as well... but so far I haven't had the time or the spare cash to get everything I need for it.  It shouldn't cost much, but there's always something more immediate that needs paying for, so we'll see if it happens this year. 

Potlucks, on the other hand, are always fun and easy to work into the budget!  We will be delighted to attend! 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

The Rabbi

If you are unable to get the frame you need bring the coverings and we will put together a traditional frame"well sorta" dont have willow but plenty of saplings that need to be thinned. I bet between the lot of us we can get ya hooked up.
Proud member of FOKTOP

Rani Zemirah

I'm pretty sure it won't be too difficult to get it all put together by May... so no real worries! 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede