News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Rennie songs that would make cool Metal songs

Started by metalcelt, December 27, 2011, 10:58:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metalcelt

I'm starting to compile a list of songs for a couple CD's I want to do. One will be called Metal Celt which will be mainly Celtic tunes in a metal vein. The 2nd will be Renaissance Steel which will include several of my Renaissance originals. What I am wondering is, what songs do people consider Faire standards? I already have Health to the Company and Wild Mountain Thyme as power ballad type songs. What other Rennie songs do you guys think I could put on this CD.

Thanks!

Aderin

The parting glass, the briar and the rose, and for me personally, shikee shikee baba!
"There is always hope." - Aragorn

Life is the School, Love is the Lesson.

William the Braveheart

Quote from: metalcelt on December 27, 2011, 10:58:49 PMI'm starting to compile a list of songs for a couple CD's I want to do. One will be called Metal Celt which will be mainly Celtic tunes in a metal vein.
I like this idea.

Wine and Alchemy did "Kashmir" by Led Zeppelin and it's one of my favorites. Don't know if Roxanne and the holdovers will attempt to play it now that Mark has departed.
"Consuming my enemies with fireballs from my eyes and bolts of lightning from my arse"

Aderin

Quote from: William the Braveheart on June 06, 2013, 01:06:55 PM
Quote from: metalcelt on December 27, 2011, 10:58:49 PMI'm starting to compile a list of songs for a couple CD's I want to do. One will be called Metal Celt which will be mainly Celtic tunes in a metal vein.
I like this idea.

Wine and Alchemy did "Kashmir" by Led Zeppelin and it's one of my favorites. Don't know if Roxanne and the holdovers will attempt to play it now that Mark has departed.

Mhm! As did Circa Paleo and before they formed E Muzeki! LOVE when they play that song!!
"There is always hope." - Aragorn

Life is the School, Love is the Lesson.

Nidhoggr

Well you may get your wish: I'm looking into starting a faire act that is basically a hard-rockish traditional band.  Basically hard rock/metal covers of faire songs with some originals.

metalcelt

Too bad you aren't from the Pittsburgh area, we could collaborate!