News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Children's garb?

Started by renren, June 22, 2008, 12:20:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

renren

Well, my girls have been bitten by the ren-bug! ;D

Now, I need to find some (hopefully easy) garb/costume patterns, and get to work. :o
Some super easy chemise instructions would be great, too!

They are ages 5 and 6 but quite tall for their ages, they wear up to a size 10 girls, depending on the maker.

I don't have any particular style(s) in mind yet, but they just LOVE to wear dresses, in general.
Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL

Lady L

Simplicity just  came out with new costume patterns. They are on sale now too! I got 4 patterns for $6.00, today. Couple of cute fairy patterns and one with a nice chemise.
http://www.simplicity.com
;D
Former Shop Owner at MNRF

renren

Thanks, Lady L!
Nice fairy ones, with wings , too!
Renren
Wench  #  3783

Guppy # 32 ROoL

Marietta Graziella

RenRen, what about a simple Irish dress (think that's what it's called).   It's a front laced bodice with open skirt attached.  You could do an extra deep hem that would allow them to grow into it in height (or you can just add guards to the bottom as needed), and if you make the bodice so it laces very closely (or even overlapped with spiral lacing) and as they grown, you just lace more loosely.  Several years wear from one dress!

Switch up the look with a different colored chemise/shirt and new underskirts.
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

jmkhalfmoon

Hi

Believe it or not, Disney Snow White's dress pattern has the elements of an Elizabethan dress.  I used it to make my daughters first dress.  The only thing I did differently was to not sew the skirt to the bodice.  I made them as two pieces.

Disney has an Ariel's wedding dress pattern that I'm using to make my daughter a new dress.  I'll post pics as I make progress.  I do alter the patterns slightly by implementing some form of historical detail such as lacing the bodice as opposed to velcro closures.

:) Lady Jayne

renren

Renren
Wench  #  3783

Guppy # 32 ROoL