News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Fair Oaks Tudor Fayre

Started by Merry, June 22, 2008, 09:56:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoowil

Anyone know when this is going to be this year? Our site Faire listing only has old info.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Escarlata

Esc be no lady!
Bringing Good and Bad Dreams...as appropriate
FaireNews-spreading the Joy of Faire, one post at a time

Merry

New cast for Henry and his court.  Going younger this year and portraying him during the Anne Boleyn era.  I hear it's going to be fantastic.  My new guild, My Ladye's Stillroom will be there also, but look for us in the streets as we love playing with the patrons.  They call us the Peanut Gallery.

Merry

NorthBayDreamer

We have a conflict.  Oh well, maybe another year.  I hope that all who attend have a wonderours time.

Lord Lisle (when a Nobel)
Horndog (when a Pirate)
Master Thomas Boddinham (when a middle)
Landshark No. 67

Hoowil

Any idea if there will be garb rentals? I've got family (my sister-in-law) coming in from out of state for a chunk of the summer, and will do all in my power to bring her with us. Can't quite get myself to spend my limited sewing time making one-shot garb, but I think she'd enjoy dressing.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Lady Toadflinger

Hoowil, I'm not sure if they have a garb rental booth at this faire, but I tend to think not. (too small a faire?)  Perhaps you can e-mail the faire's organizers for info. I know that the faire's web site leaves a lot to be desired, as far as info goes.  Anyway, depending on your  sister-in-law's size, I may be able to help you with some loaner garb. (I live outside of Placerville, so not too far from Sac) Ren-mail me if you are interested!
keeper of the royal menagerie

Hoowil

Just realized its the same weekend we've got camping reservations at Icehouse. We'll hit the faire Sunday on our way home. It's still kind of up in the air as to if we'll be able to fit garb in the bags, so its bit of a moot point now. Thank you so very much for the offer.

NorthBayDreamer

This is a Tudor faire and a friend is playing Henry VIII, but will still have to miss it.

Oh well.
Lord Lisle (when a Nobel)
Horndog (when a Pirate)
Master Thomas Boddinham (when a middle)
Landshark No. 67

Merry

It was blazing hot, but still we managed to have a great time.  Joel did a GREAT job as Henry. 

Hoowil

It WAS HOT! The daughter and I made it Sunday around 1:30, and could only stay a couple hours before she asked to go home. Her asking to go was an absolute first! So was the fact that she actually sat through an entire performance (Fowl Tales)! She even laughed and clapped along with the crowd. I doubt she understood even a quarter of the jokes, but she was fascinated by the parrots. Of course the summer heat had to comein with a vengance just in time for this fun faire. I wish there was something in the valley in November....

Lady Toadflinger

We went to the Fayre on Saturday and enjoyed ourselves, in spite of the heat.  My daughter and I just poured ice water down our bodices :o, and that cooled us nicely!
Hoowil, while I was browsing at Flying Sqwirl's booth, I picked up a flier for a new faire that you might be interested in. Sonora Celtic Faire is putting on a Fantasy Faire on October 24 and 25!  Just check on their web page. (sonoracelticfaire.com) There is lots of time to make fantasy garb before October, and the weather should be a bit better by then. :)
keeper of the royal menagerie

Hoowil

Folsom is the weekend before that, and a fair bit closer to home. As I'm already making plans to get a group together for that, another trip to Sonora will have to depend on time and financial factors. But it would be fun to do the kids up as faeries (my daughter already has wings). Maybe I'll do that for Folsom, in possible preparation for the fantasy faire. I had wondered if they'ed do something since the jousting championships seem to have moved.

Hoowil

Anyone know about plans for 2010? Renassancerose.com just has stuff about Kearny. I know its a couple months off, but it'd be nice to be able to start planning. Hope its still going on.

Hoowil

Wow, the actual folsom fayre site says nothing. Renaissance Rose doesn't list it on their schedule. Finally found it thru folsom parks & rec. June 26 & 27.

Valiss

They need to move this faire to a slighty less HOT time of year.  :)