News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Fair Oaks Tudor Fayre

Started by Merry, June 22, 2008, 09:56:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Toadflinger

Hey, I was looking at a 10 day weather forecast for Fair Oaks, and.....it looks like decent temps, for a change! I know, I know, the weather has been bizarre in No. Cal. this year, so there are no guarantees that forecasts are accurate, but we can dream! Here's hoping  that the weather service is right this time!!!!!!!!!! :D
keeper of the royal menagerie

Hoowil

Oh.. fudge.. I forgot that Fair Oaks is that next weekend. Just spent last weekend (and too much $$$) at Valhalla, and we're camping next week. Maybe I'll hit Fair Oaks for a quickie day trip on Sunday. No walk-around money though.....
Keep an eye out for the royal wagon.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Hoowil

Just got back from Fair Oaks. Fun times for sure, except for a few minor mishaps from stuff not being put away from Valhalla... I decided to go earlier instead of Sunday, as the forcast was for 106 on Sunday. ICKKKK!!!!! This was my first going without my wife but with both munchkins. Fun, but a little nerve racking. Got to see a few performances, and wander about. I was getting ready to watch the archery contest when my daughter decided it was getting too hot, and asked if we could go. But hey, this has to be a record for me on the least spent on any faire I've ever attended. Including gate, parking, and food on the way home, less than $40...
Poor Tristan didn't get to dress, under momma's orders. Too much warm material in the kilt, and he's outgrown everything else. Guess its time for some simple peasant stuff for him before Folsom.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

NorthBayDreamer

We were there both days.  Saturday was hot, but Sunday was just WAY TOO HOT.  It was a 104 when we left the site at 7:00 PM.   Had some fun, the guild yard was bit out of the way, so we didn't get as many folks walking by as I would have liked.

Lord Lisle (when a Nobel)
Horndog (when a Pirate)
Master Thomas Boddinham (when a middle)
Landshark No. 67

Hoowil

It took some time and serious searching to find out what is going on this year, but it unfortunately looks like Fair Oaks has been canceled for this year. They are appearantly looking for a new location.