News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Ravenshire

Started by Lavender, May 09, 2008, 11:57:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lavender

Formerly The Grand Valley Renaissance and Pirate Faire
Palisade, Colorado
August 22 -24, 2008

http://www.faires.com/Ravenshire/

IWG #3440
Landshark #19

Lady Eriu

The Ravenshire Renaissance & Pirate Faire is definitely on for Aug, 22, 23 & 24 and will be held at Palisade, CO in Riverbend Park. We are in Renaissance Magazine's Faires & Festivals listing for those who would like more info. Hope to see friends new and old there!

Awen

For those of you who were at Ravenshire last year, you'll remember there was a TV crew from the A&E Network filming for a new show called "Tattoo Road." I was filmed playing the harp.

The show has made it from pilot to series! It premieres on Wed. May 27 on the A&E Network, check your cable system for times. This is a reality show about a tattoo artist who travels the country. Not sure what that has to do with Ravenshire; I don't recall seeing anyone who was as decked out in tattoos as the guy in this show is, but keep your eyes out!

Lady Eriu

This year faire is Aug. 21-23, 2009 at Riverbend Park in Palisade, CO. The Royal Court has grown considerably and has its own nonprofit status, and will be more upscale this year; there will be two battle fields-The Field of Honor and The Highland  Field, as the amateur Highland Games will be hosted by Ravenshire. Also, the Highlander's Kiss crew will be back-huzzah! Check out their updated website at www.faires.com/Ravenshire. It will be a great faire this year!:)

Angelhood

For the record we are known as the Highland Rogues, not the Highlander's Kiss crew.

Gramercy

Awen

Bumping because I'm hoping someone with Ravenshire can answer this....I see from the website that the faire's location has changed, something to do with high fees being charged by the city of Palisade.

The new location, which isn't spelled out yet, is on "private land" 8 miles closer to Grand Junction. Can anyone provide some detail on that? As a possible performer who brings expensive equipment I'd like to know if this private land has shade - this was a huge issue when the faire was at the Mesa County Fairgrounds.

And what kind of facilities (i.e. bathrooms and access to water) are available? Or is this just undeveloped land?
Thanks
Awen the harpist

Angelhood

As a forewarning, I am not speaking in any sort of official capacity. Just sharing what I know.

It's located on the corner of 29 Road and the Colorado River. It's, I believe, a 5 acre property. That has a full canopy of tree cover, mostly cottonwoods. It has a house and a garage on it, so I imagine they will give access to drinking water, but I'm sure it will be port-a-potties. Mostly it's undeveloped, few paths. They have had quite a few SCA events there in the past.

I don't think anyone on the official board of directors for that faire are members of R/F so I doubt if you get any other responses to this...I'll do my best to put a bug in a few ears...

Awen

That helps, thanks very much!

Quote from: Angelhood on June 18, 2010, 08:13:33 PM
As a forewarning, I am not speaking in any sort of official capacity. Just sharing what I know.

It's located on the corner of 29 Road and the Colorado River. It's, I believe, a 5 acre property. That has a full canopy of tree cover, mostly cottonwoods. It has a house and a garage on it, so I imagine they will give access to drinking water, but I'm sure it will be port-a-potties. Mostly it's undeveloped, few paths. They have had quite a few SCA events there in the past.

I don't think anyone on the official board of directors for that faire are members of R/F so I doubt if you get any other responses to this...I'll do my best to put a bug in a few ears...

Mischka

At least that location ought to give out-of-towners more hotel choices, being closer to GJ and Horizon Drive and such.

Angelhood

True Mischka.

However, on a sad note, the new location makes it impossible for the Highland Rogues to bring the ship. The driveway/entrance is a very sharp right turn, with an immediate slope. The ship is too long to make the turn, and the slope is too much for the ground clearance on the ship too. Double Whamee. Several of us still plan on attending as patrons though.

dbaldock

Quote from: Angelhood on July 08, 2010, 05:27:51 PM
True Mischka.

However, on a sad note, the new location makes it impossible for the Highland Rogues to bring the ship. The driveway/entrance is a very sharp right turn, with an immediate slope. The ship is too long to make the turn, and the slope is too much for the ground clearance on the ship too. Double Whamee. Several of us still plan on attending as patrons though.

Sounds like maybe you need one of these:

;)  :D

EDIT: The URL link for the Sky Crane had a typo.
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

Lavender

Main Street Suites downtown Grand Junction is Rennie friendly  ;D
IWG #3440
Landshark #19

Capt Spleen

An  dis be a great place t' hole up after a Jacobs Ladder reverse back swan flop wit a twist type dive, back injury!

Angelhood

That sounds like the voice of experience Capt Spleen. ;)

Mischka

Quote from: Angelhood on July 08, 2010, 05:27:51 PM
However, on a sad note, the new location makes it impossible for the Highland Rogues to bring the ship.

Oh, wow!  :-\  Sorry to hear that.  That's gonna be kind of different for you all (and everyone in attendance), huh?  I guess this year I can buy you a mead since you won't be setting off cannons...  ;)

Capt, will Jean be making an appearance??  No climbing ladders for any of your personas this year!