News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Castleton 2012

Started by Archer, January 18, 2012, 03:26:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archer

After today's workshop at Castleton, I can vouch that this guy and his lady are pretty good dancers.   ;D

When do we get to see you do that while wearing a sword, Coch ?

Be on the lookout for these magical characters appearing in May . . .

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ronald_the_bald/6907237171/in/set-72157629395313189

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ronald_the_bald/6907237031/in/set-72157629395313189/

A few favorite citizens . . .

Favorite Chessboard fighter. . .

Want a better world ?   Be a better person.

Every person is a new door to a different world.

Coch

Lol Archer,  Good is not the word I was thinking to describe my dancing. I was afraid of being accused of a being possessed and being burned at the stake.
  I have been working on the new banner and adding the other three. Just have not been pleased with the placement of all the pieces yet.
Rhys Coch

Coch

Two more attempts. To all: give me your opinion and choice. One more idea to try later. Made my pattern so that I can increase size and add more.
Rhys Coch

Merlin the Elder

Quote from: Coch on March 04, 2012, 11:34:49 PM

I favour this one, but I am a wizard rather than a knight.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Archer

Agree with Merlin on these two, Coch.

Thanks for finding the pics also.   Making music for belly dancers is a good thing, no ?  The dulcimer player on my left is usually at Castleton for faire.

They'll be working the gypsy encampment at Castleton this year.  A fun group, they are.

Anyone know this maker of witchcraft ?

http://www.raksalhassana.com/images/09112010kingschampion/dscn5238.jpg

clue:  could it be the creator of highest post count  on this  forum ?    Magic and witchcraft it is.   ;D 8)

Rani Zemirah

ROFL  I didn't think anyone got any pics of me then, at all!  It's not a very flattering photo, though (but then, I'm not terribly photogenic, particularly after a day in the Oklahoma heat)...  :-\  

The belly dancing Gypsies are all good friends of mine, though!  Raks Al Hassana are wonderful, and they're all so much fun to hang out with!  Scally and I were honored to be adopted by them during King's Champion, and we enjoy seeing them at Norman Medieval Festival AND Castleton!  

Oh, and if you will notice the little Gypsy in the background, in the white tunic and gold skirt... that's my little Scally Wag!  ;D
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Merlin the Elder

I thought that was Scally!

I wouldn't be playing my Martin while wearing chain mail...a little rough on the back of the instrument...

Archer

Actually, that was not my Martin brother Merlin.  I was shed of most of the chainmaile due to the heat that afternoon.

These gypsy shared instrument, their Hookah and their Persian rugs and pillows.

I play a Guild or my Ovation and . . .  occasionally at faire, that small body Montana back packer 6 string  (the one you see being played by the gypsy on the left,  in the pic)  was what I happened to have with me that day.   My drum and penny whistle missed the bus that day.

Archer

Nice job with the design additions, Coch.  If our numbers continue to swell, that sword will grow up to be a claymore, eh ?   ;D

Should I reserve a round table for the Queens Tea or King's feaste ?   ;D

ladyoftheweb

Does any of you mind, if I use any of the pictures on okcastle.com? Or if you have any you want added to the photo gallery on the castle's website email them to mike@okcastle.com  ;D

Merlin the Elder

Quote from: Archer on March 04, 2012, 01:21:59 AM
Be on the lookout for these magical characters appearing in May . . .

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ronald_the_bald/6907237171/in/set-72157629395313189

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ronald_the_bald/6907237031/in/set-72157629395313189/

A few favorite citizens . . .

Favorite Chessboard fighter. . .

Hopefully those magical characters can be seen without a cup of hot coffee in their hands. We had an excuse that day...it did sleet on us.

And, I did notice that chess player last year. I wouldn't mind noticing her again this year, if I could.

Rani Zemirah

Well, perhaps those magical characters are in need of beverage containers that work with either hot or cold beverages, that are more in keeping with the times, eh?  ;) 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Coch

Lady of the web, My wife and I posted several on Face Book's OK Castlecom last year. You are welcome to use them, if there are any that fit your needs. Posted under Ernie or Sherryl Cox.
Rhys Coch

Archer

Quote from: Coch on March 13, 2012, 09:47:33 PM
Lady of the web, My wife and I posted several on Face Book's OK Castlecom last year. You are welcome to use them, if there are any that fit your needs. Posted under Ernie or Sherryl Cox.

All those in this thread are in public domain also and . . .  nice avatar Coch.

Coch

Thanks Archer, It is a cut, paste, combine and recolor.
Rhys Coch