News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Castleton 2012

Started by Archer, January 18, 2012, 03:26:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archer

Two history workshops starting at 4:00pm tomorrow,  "As the Rose Turns" and "Basic Tudor History".

At 4:30pm "The Life and Times of Tudor England."    See you there brah Coch.

Wonder if they'll touch on this ?  . . . http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laws_in_Wales_Acts_1535%E2%80%931542
Want a better world ?   Be a better person.

Every person is a new door to a different world.

Coch

Grammercy for the read, Archer.  I look forward to the workshop.
Rhys Coch

Archer

A tour of Castleton with the FoF last weekend revealed a few of the new things to see this year.

A children's story telling area has been constructed just south of pirates harbor area at the north end of the woodlands.

Two new tavern areas, one is a cave that was formerly the dragon's cave/den and the other inside the hull of a new pirate ship and new stage in the harbor area.

There is a new shade roof over the chessboard (replaced from damage timed with Oklahoma's earthquakes to the south or wind or both).

The Royal Lunch with the King is moving locations to the top of Morgan's Lane structures, overlooking the jousting field.  Its former location was the clocktower.

The new Italian section is looking very good.

The belly dancer and gypsy area wagons have been moved up into the woods giving them a more shaded area.  Their former location was consumed by the new pirate ship and story telling area additions.

Other constructions were still in progress and a few other surprises remain to see for yourself.

ladyoftheweb

Quote from: Archer on March 23, 2012, 01:17:59 AM

A children's story telling area has been constructed just south of pirates harbor area at the north end of the woodlands.

We have several Castleton Villagers signed up to tell stories. I am one of these people and so is the Castle Steward, Jeff. It should be a ton of fun. ;D

Archer

Quote from: ladyoftheweb on March 29, 2012, 01:40:01 PM
Quote from: Archer on March 23, 2012, 01:17:59 AM

We have several Castleton Villagers signed up to tell stories. I am one of these people and so is the Castle Steward, Jeff. It should be a ton of fun. ;D

Thanks for stopping by to visit.  Are we letting too many surprises out of the bag ?    ;D

ladyoftheweb

Quote from: Archer on March 29, 2012, 01:48:38 PM
Thanks for stopping by to visit.  Are we letting too many surprises out of the bag ?    ;D

Nah, you aren't letting to much out of the bag. I hope everyone stops by to check out all the new things in the Village.

Archer

Coch  we'll be counting on you to update us on what we miss at the next FoF workshop (while we're at Scarby).   

Here's to hoping the recent violent weather didn't damage our destination.   :P

Merlin the Elder

Some of the damage was quite near your intended camping area, I think.  You might want to check with them just in case.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Archer

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on April 04, 2012, 09:31:23 AM
Some of the damage was quite near your intended camping area, I think.  You might want to check with them just in case.

Did that and it missed them .... by exactly one (1) mile.  No damage and all good.

Flying 18 wheelers;  ummm,  big flying stuff in Tehas.  :P   <note to self:  pack large fly swatter and steel helm >

Merlin the Elder

Merci! Even closer than I thought!  Large fly swatter...planning on spanking some Texans?

Heck, Archer... you trip is shorter than mine! How'd you do that?

Archer

Large fly swatter because in the past, I spent many nights in a hot dusty place known as Fort Hood, with Tehas bugs.

I remember the flying things.  Some of them have wings that sound like a B-52 as they pass an ear.   

Tehas bug remains resemble Arkansas road kill in splatter size.   8)

Merlin the Elder

Okay... NOW I have a point of reference...

Coch

Archer, we will update you. I talked to Donald at Norman and he told us that the next class is Faire Survival. So not sure what to expect. I hope you have a  wonderful time at Scarby.
Merlin best wishes for a perfect Weekend for Nim and Yourself.
  Note to both: I wanna see pics.
Rhys Coch

Merlin the Elder

Quote from: Coch on April 04, 2012, 08:35:08 PM
Archer, we will update you. I talked to Donald at Norman and he told us that the next class is Faire Survival. So not sure what to expect. I hope you have a  wonderful time at Scarby.
Merlin best wishes for a perfect Weekend for Nim and Yourself.
  Note to both: I wanna see pics.

Thanks for the wishes... but I have to ask...pictures of what? You dirty guy!

Coch

Merlin, pictures of the public celebration will suffice, lol.
Rhys Coch