News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

it is getting closer

Started by BagPipeBabe, January 19, 2012, 08:40:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merlin

Anál nathrach- Breath of serpent
Orth' bháis 's bethad- Spell of death and of life
Do chél dénmha- Thy omen of making

Merlin the Elder

Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

VIII

"We named the hound Merlin!"  ;)
Former King Henry VIII
Renaissance Magazine Issue #66 Cover Boy

Alerrick Afon Adou

Got my FOF,We just got our new Outfits in from Lady Kathleen. THEY ARE GREAT LADY KATHLEEN.THANK YOU.Now all we need is a faire to go to. I will see everybody soon...............Huzzah

Merlin the Elder

BagPipeBabe

I had a dream last night about the fair. I was kind of sad cause it was raining and there were only like 3 or 4 of us there but we were having a good time any way.

Merlin the Elder

Rain at faire is spelled "reign," and that's what VIII does at Scarby, so all is well.

SirRichardBear

Quote from: BagPipeBabe on January 30, 2012, 08:39:00 AM
I had a dream last night about the fair. I was kind of sad cause it was raining and there were only like 3 or 4 of us there but we were having a good time any way.

Sounds more like a memory of the 2004 season.
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

DonaCatalina

I remember the last season that the Corsairs were there for the entire run it seemed like it rained every day. Was that 2004?
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

SirRichardBear

Yes it seem like each memeber of cast had there own personal patron.   Some days you would look down the lane and not see a single person not in garb.  Kinda nice in one way but really hard on the faire and vendors.
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

lys1022

Quote from: SirRichardBear on January 31, 2012, 09:56:28 AM
Yes it seem like each memeber of cast had there own personal patron.   Some days you would look down the lane and not see a single person not in garb.  Kinda nice in one way but really hard on the faire and vendors.

Hard on the cast as well, believe me!  When it gets to the point that people cringe as you approach them because they've had so many people stopping them to do bits and play with them, you get a little discouraged.  But then you just go jump in a puddle and call the patrons who are huddling under cover cowards for not coming out into the rain, and it is all good. *grin*

The wet years are really the hardest on cast members who only have one pair of boots and one costume, because getting stuff clean and dry for the next day can be close to impossible.  I know that I, personally, HATE putting my feet into wet boots.  (Thus the old, "use a triple-layer of plastic bags as boot liners" trick.) 
Lys
I am not an employee of Scarborough Faire and to not represent them in any way.

SirRichardBear

Yea that was the season that really made me love me Son of Sandar boots with the good water proofing I give them I never had wet feet and with the wood insterts at night they keep their shape perfect.   One thing I did find out closing weekend of TRF is that my new square toes are not totally water proof given enough water the front seam will get damp. 

I've hear the same thing for other cast member lys I do understand how hard it must have been on cast during days like that let alone an entire season.  I hope we don't have anymore like that. 
Benjamin Franklin

DonaCatalina

Thanks for reminding me Lys.
Old dry cleaning bags make great boot liners for extremely wet days.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

BagPipeBabe

I have been looking at getting a pair of son of sandlar boots for years now. I think I finely made up my mind to get them.

BryanPopp

I've had my Sandler low buckles for 8 years. They are my favorite footware Ren or mundane, with my pair of renboots a close second.