News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2012 Dubuque Renaissance Faire

Started by Lord Clisto of York, January 21, 2012, 10:22:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Renee Buchanan

We decided we have to support our local faire, so on Saturday, my friend Richard & I will drive over and spend the day.  Huzzah, a faire only 30 minutes from us instead of 3 hours!
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Lord Clisto of York

Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

Gauwyn of Bracknell

We shall be there Saturday too.

We have not been since Faire moved to the new site -Camp Albrecht in Sherrill?  Never knew where it was ' till now.  A bit of a farther trek
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Rowan MacD

David and I cannot make it this year, I have to work Saturday the 19th.   We will be at the Iowa Faire in Amana though....
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Rowen MacD on May 15, 2012, 02:01:47 PM
 David and I cannot make it this year, I have to work Saturday the 19th.   We will be at the Iowa Faire in Amana though....

Look for us there - I look like my picture :)
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Lady Renee Buchanan

Camp Albrecht Acres is the best location they've had it since they started this faire.  A little farther for us, too, but it is worth it!
A real Surf Diva
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 

Lord Clisto of York

Here is the lineup of great entertainment for this weekend at the Dubuque Renaissance Faire -

http://dbqrenfaire.org/schedule.html

Here are the vendors -

http://dbqrenfaire.org/vendors.html

main website - http://dbqrenfaire.org/index.html

And, as a sneak peak, the Royal Audience Show will be featuring a NEW program on "Peerage". The rank and file of the British Nobility, whom outranks whom as well as how each different noble should be addressed between each other or if you were to come across one of us. This is very informative with time at the end for questions and portraits.  

Lord Clisto, Duke of York

Lord Clisto of York

Looks like Saturday will be nice -

86 degrees and partly cloudy

Sunday -

81 degrees with 50% change of thunder storms

Rowan MacD

Well, a rainy day at faire is better than....a day with NO faire ^_^.
  Enjoy ;D
IWG wench #3139 

Lady Renee Buchanan

Heading off in a few minutes to enjoy a beautiful day at the Dubuque Renaissance Faire!  Huzzah!
A real Surf Diva
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 

Rowan MacD

Hope you all have a wonderful time! The storms moved through Omaha last night, but they look as if they may swing north of you today.
IWG wench #3139 

Lady Renee Buchanan

Had a fun time at the Dubuque Renaissance Faire on Saturday.  No rain, and a beautiful breeze throughout in the nice, shady area. 
A real Surf Diva
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Lady Renee Buchanan on May 20, 2012, 08:14:05 PM
Had a fun time at the Dubuque Renaissance Faire on Saturday.  No rain, and a beautiful breeze throughout in the nice, shady area. 

It was nice finally meeting you!
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Lord Clisto of York

The day was fantastic but HOT!!! on Saturday. It was great seeing Lady Buchanan and her goodly group as always. It was nice to see Gauwyn of Bracknell again as well.Tell your lady I said to get well. I am glad you all enjoyed our new show on Peerage and found it informative. Sunday they had predicted rain but nothing happened and it turned out to be a super day around 80 and a goodly breeze. later in the day it dropped to low 70's. That was great for us in court. Lots of people came out again. We even had a first time bit of excitement, when one of the jousting horses at the first joust got out from the list and took off into the woods. That was actually fun for the show, but not for the jouster with no horse. They got him back and it continued. I am working on my pictures so I will have them up this week.

Next, our court will be back in Door County for its third year.

Lord Clisto

Pizpor

Dubuque 2012 was a really, really fun weekend! The faire was absolutely fabulous! And the audience was amazing! It was great being part of this event!