News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2012 St. Louis Renaissance Faire

Started by Rowan MacD, January 27, 2012, 08:22:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rowan MacD

When: May 19 - June 10, 2012.   10 AM - 6 PM    Rain or Shine
http://www.renstl.org/main

Where: Rotary Park,Wentzville, MO-45 Minutes from St. Louis

Tickets:   Daily-   Adults-$14.95 ,Season Pass-$49.95
                Child 13 - 6- $7.95                  $24.95
                Kids 5 and Under -Free

* Military, Police, Firefighters and Seniors (65+) Receive $2 off Adult Price at the Gate - May Not be Combined with Other Discounts

*Free Parking*

What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Butch

I think they changed their family mbrshp benefits this year; not 4 tix, but 2 free and 2 half price coupons.  I may be wrong, though.

Lady Renee Buchanan

Throwing in my 2 cents......

We've been to this faire twice on the Memorial Day weekend.  If you are planning a visit, I'd suggest you go this same weekend.  On the Monday of the 3 day weekend, they have a ceremony to honor veterans and active duty service members.  It is the most moving ceremony I have even been to.  It's hard to keep a dry eye.  If nothing else - and there is tons else - this would make the 5 1/2 hour drive each way for us worth it.

This is a great faire and we really enjoy it.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Amyj

And we DO enjoy having you come visit as well Lady Renee!!!  :D
I'm not fat, it's just that a skinny body couldn't hold ALL THIS PERSONALITY! ;)
Historically Accur-ISH

Butch

We have also been to this faire a few time, last year going on Memorial Day Monday.  Yes, the ceremony is very respectful, and 3 Pints Gone emcees a ceremony in the morning which is patriotic and includes many of the festival performers doing non-rennie songs.  As Lady Renee has said, it is very moving and worth seeing.  The other cool thing about this faire is that they are French, and not English; so their banter is in a French accent!  We enjoy this faire, and try to come back every year.  OH!  If you go, DEFINITELY get the Les Amis de Lyon pkg for great benefits!

Lady Renee Buchanan

Quote from: Butch on January 29, 2012, 09:21:23 PM
We have also been to this faire a few time, last year going on Memorial Day Monday.  Yes, the ceremony is very respectful, and 3 Pints Gone emcees a ceremony in the morning which is patriotic and includes many of the festival performers doing non-rennie songs.  As Lady Renee has said, it is very moving and worth seeing.  The other cool thing about this faire is that they are French, and not English; so their banter is in a French accent!  We enjoy this faire, and try to come back every year.  OH!  If you go, DEFINITELY get the Les Amis de Lyon pkg for great benefits!

I agree 100% with the Les Amis package.  You get 2 free tickets  to enter the faire with each pass you purchase, which we used for the 2 days we were there (we go the Sunday & Monday of Memorial weekend).  Plus their FoF garden is wonderful, clean privies, cold water, and fruit to munch on, not to mention a very friendly staff.  Plus you get  a really nice tee shirt & medallion, and it's only a few dollars more than buying a couple of tickets at the gate.

One thing I'd like to mention to the visitors from the North:  we found it very hot due to the time of year, so we ended up wearing very light garb.
A real Surf Diva
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 

Pickles

Hi, i would like to get in contact with the costume director for your fair. Can you help me?

Amyj

Quote from: Lady Renee Buchanan on January 30, 2012, 05:39:31 AM
One thing I'd like to mention to the visitors from the North:  we found it very hot due to the time of year, so we ended up wearing very light garb.

It's not the heat it's the humidity....LOL!!!!  ;D ;D ;D

(Oh, and we have another Memorial Day tradition....it WILL rain...sometimes a little, sometimes a lot, but it WILL happen)
I'm not fat, it's just that a skinny body couldn't hold ALL THIS PERSONALITY! ;)
Historically Accur-ISH

Lady Renee Buchanan

Quote from: Amyj on February 02, 2012, 05:42:58 PM
Quote from: Lady Renee Buchanan on January 30, 2012, 05:39:31 AM

It's not the heat it's the humidity....LOL!!!!  ;D ;D ;D

(Oh, and we have another Memorial Day tradition....it WILL rain...sometimes a little, sometimes a lot, but it WILL happen)

Guess we've lucked out.  Been there twice over Memorial Day weekend - not a single drop of rain either time!  It was still hot, though, humidity or not!     ;D
A real Surf Diva
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 

Once Debauched

They currently have "Buy One Get One" on adult and child tickets.  I bought 4 adult and 2 child for less than it would cost for a season pass.

Get 'em while they're hot!

IWG  #3527 Local 29
IFRP #1228 Loblolly Lass, HMS Lying Bastard
FOKTOP
ROoL #29
Tequila:  The interactive shot

Tamtaro

Thanks OD!  I got my BOGO!  (omg, lol, etc. ;D)  Looking forward to Petit Lyon!  Whee!  Or should I say, "Oui!" ;)

Butch

Just bought my family membership pkg!

Once Debauched

Just spent the last hour working out my schedule for faire!

I will definitely be there opening (May 19th) and closing (June 10th) and plan to attend over Memorial weekend either that Sunday (May 27) or Monday (May 28).  Of course it's possible I may show up on any of the other days especially since I have a new fancy camera I'm trying to learn to use! 
IWG  #3527 Local 29
IFRP #1228 Loblolly Lass, HMS Lying Bastard
FOKTOP
ROoL #29
Tequila:  The interactive shot

Aniroaldawen

Stowaway Allie will be invading STLRF with at least four other pirates opening weekend!! And, for the first time ever, my job is paying me to attend faire (I'm using paid time off for the trip)!! HUZZAH, I can't wait!! Planning out my '12 faire favors now :-)

Rowan MacD

I'm trying got talk hubby into this one-The only weekend we could possibly do it is June 9-10-right in between Siouxland Ren Faire and highland games in June 2-3rd and the Central Iowa Celtic games in Urbandale, Ia. on the 16th....fingers crossed.  It's a long drive -7 hours and 400 miles one way. 
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt