News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

The Things Skippy is No Longer Allowed to do at the Renaissance Festival

Started by Captain Cornelius Howard Duckman, June 22, 2008, 09:43:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyFae

Quote from: WarCat on October 16, 2008, 09:03:51 AM
Skippy is no longer allowed to suggest that patrons in her shop "come in, play dress up, braid each other's hair, talk about boys, and practice kissing".

Though not allowed to SUGGEST it, are we still allowed to do it?   ;)
Amanda  =D

"Do not call for your mother.  Who is it that you think let the demons in to eat you up?"

Nighthawk

Quote from: WarCat on June 24, 2008, 03:37:24 PM
I shall not take the fact that the man wore the kilt in the first place as an open invitation for kilt checking.

...but it is, isn't it? I always meant it that way!

Skippy is not longer allowed to walk up to Scots and ask "Is that a sgain dubh in your sporran, or are you just happy to see me?" Because one way or another, Skippy may get stabbed...

Lady Kett

I've just finished reading the original from the first post (here if you don't want to wander back to the beginning).

I think these should be added to our list, especially in regard to opening tailgate, which is coming soon to a Faire near you!

124. Two drink limit does not mean first and last.
125. Two drink limit does not mean two kinds of drinks.
126. Two drink limit does not mean the drinks can be as large as I like.
127. "No Drinking Of Alcoholic Beverages" does not imply that a Jack Daniel's ® IV is acceptable.

Merlin the Elder

Quote from: Lady Kett on April 06, 2011, 10:09:09 PM

127. "No Drinking Of Alcoholic Beverages" does not imply that a Jack Daniel's ® IV is acceptable.

** sniff! **  :'(
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

KeeperoftheBar

I've just finished reading the original from the first post (here if you don't want to wander back to the beginning).

I think these should be added to our list, especially in regard to opening tailgate, which is coming soon to a Faire near you!

Way back when, I knew an Army Captain who had a 1 liter beer stein.  When drinking from it, he would never empty it but alway fill it up again.  That way, when he went home he could tell his wife, "But Honey, I only had one.".
Landshark # 97
Member, Phoenix Risen

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: KeeperoftheBar on April 07, 2011, 07:59:59 AM

Way back when, I knew an Army Captain who had a 1 liter beer stein.  When drinking from it, he would never empty it but alway fill it up again.  That way, when he went home he could tell his wife, "But Honey, I only had one.".

Here's my 'one'

Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

dreamwalker

Normal? What's that?

dreamwalker

Quote from: dreamwalker on November 07, 2011, 09:47:36 PM
Who is this elusive Skippy person? lol

Now that I think about it, I may be directly related to Skippy.
Normal? What's that?

justsomeguytn

Present the performers with gifts that may annoy the directors of the faire.

Again I would like to apologize to the directors of the Carolina renaissance festival.  I had no idea that jimmy would throw the rickroll grenade into your meeting.  I humbly ask your forgiveness and to please be allowed to visit the faire next year.

Nailin

Skippy shall not serve Irish Coffee to performers on cold mornings....
Chieftess Nailin'
Irish Penny Brigade
Daddy's Princess
IWG # 3894

SirRichardBear

Quote from: KeeperoftheBar on April 07, 2011, 07:59:59 AM
Way back when, I knew an Army Captain who had a 1 liter beer stein.  When drinking from it, he would never empty it but alway fill it up again.  That way, when he went home he could tell his wife, "But Honey, I only had one.".

I think I knew the same Captain Always said it was the same drink just like the unit is the same unit that been through a few campaigns and had replacement brought up a few times.
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

Hoowil

Quote from: Nailin on October 04, 2012, 12:16:22 AM
Skippy shall not serve Irish Coffee to performers on cold mornings....
What  about random passers by?
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

groomporter

Skippy will not tell the kids visiting the mermaids to ask them to "show me your crabs"
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

Nidhoggr

Feed new playtrons-to-be the drink I created known as The Bloody Knight and declare it a "right of passage" and laugh after one of them renders them useless.

Will not challenge visiting locals to a "mead drinking contest".

Will not cause the adult pub sing to become incredibly loud and to run over by 15 minutes, thus rendering a noise complaint from parking lot security that they could hear the shout out from Donnegal Express at the main pub" to be filed and the resident pirate band be scolded... two weeks in a row.

Will not follow the kids pull along pirate ship asking the "helmsman" if it is the Good Ship Venus.

Will not accidentally refer to cast by their real names

Will not call bluff of the mud show people about jumping into the pit.

Will not bring many of my friends who fall into the "Tight nit and possibly drunk" category to the joust and pick the "barbaric" group and become loud for our team. 

And most IMPORTANTLY:

Will not challenge the Trebuchet Marshmallow guy to proove the accuracy of his siege weapons by firing into corsets and cheering as he sinks shot after shot.... (those are some ACCURATE trebuchets)

Hoowil

Will not follow fairies around with a staff that looks like a giant pin, mumbling about needing to finish his bug collection.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.