News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Looking forward to 2012

Started by amy, January 30, 2012, 10:59:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amy

11 Days, 17 hours, 41 minutes.   Is anyone else getting fidgity?

Monsignor de Beaumanoir

I don't have a single thing to wear!!!!!    AAAAArrrrrggggghhhhh!!!!   :P

amy

iain robb

Hmmmm. I find that most people who would choose to wear only an eyepatch cause me to wish I was wearing two eyepatches. No reflection on Warrior Monk, just sayin' ...

Monsignor de Beaumanoir

Quote from: amy on April 03, 2012, 06:45:47 AM
Just wear the eye patch!

LOL!!!  ;)

Quote from: iain robb on April 03, 2012, 06:50:28 AM
Hmmmm. I find that most people who would choose to wear only an eyepatch cause me to wish I was wearing two eyepatches. No reflection on Warrior Monk, just sayin' ...

You're safe in this regard Brother, as I may have to attend a softball game prior, and have no desire to spend time behind bars!!!!  :P

amy

OK Gentlemen... I soooo did NOT go there, but .... ummmm...  now I did.      ;)

iain robb

Quote from: amy on April 04, 2012, 01:23:24 PM
OK Gentlemen... I soooo did NOT go there, but .... ummmm...  now I did.      ;)

(Aside to Warrior Monk: Gentlemen? Who's she calling Gentlemen?)

amy

fairieimp

Quote from: amy on April 05, 2012, 10:42:03 AM
We need a "Like" button.

agreed. :)

It's SO close! Anyone have any suggestions on the best way to re-dye a skirt? I need it to be black. It's very faded. I really have no idea how to go about dying it...  ??? :/
"A halo is just one more thing to keep clean."

I am Margaret Rennell, you can call me Meg. :)

SirBruce_TheTemplar

I will not be there for opening weekend, however I will be traveling down from Michigan for the faire on May 5th to see the GARF for the first time, and also to see The Zucchini Brothers one last time!

Can't wait to see you all there! Hope some of you can make the travel up to Holly in MI later this year!

amy

Hey Fairieimp!      Black is a pain but easy to fix.   If I have cotton clothes or anything black that fades like your skirt might have I just freshen it up with a box of black RIT dye from the grocery/craft/fabric store.   It is not really permanent and will fade again over time, but it is cheap, quick and easy and can be done in your washing machine which makes for NO clean up!   Just run a hot soapy load after the dye job and you will be fine.  Run your cold rinse cycle twice is the only thing I add to the directions on the box.  And don't overstuff  the machine if you decide to do a couple pieces at once.   I am an early 80s baby so we used to over dye jeans this way all the time

iain robb

So, since I don't think my wife and I know anyone at GARF, is there a meet-and-greet or anything else on opening day that would facilitate us meeting some folks?

amy

Well the M'Cracks will be there for the opening weekend and they do tailgate in the parking lot prior to cannon.  Look for Hibernian's Irish Flag flying.  Then we will be at Brewers Pub at 3:00 for the Cheiftains Toast so you will catch lots of familiar folks there.    You might be hard to spot for folks like me who will be looking for a lifesized..... umm.....  "muppet"?

iain robb

Sorry, my avatar is my plush toy. My marketing people took a bit of liberty with that one, but it's pretty accurate. My action figure is much more accurate.

If we'd be welcome at the McCrack tailgate -- and I can't imagine those fine and welcoming folks saying no -- I'll be there in a black doublet, white shirt and either a clergy (blue, white and black) kilt or a Munro black-and-red (Red, black and a tiny bit of white) kilt, with black boots. Not sure what my wife will be wearing. Something lovely, I'm sure. (Still working on her blue Tudor gown -- hope to complete it by Rendezvous.)

fairieimp

Quote from: amy on April 06, 2012, 10:10:41 AM
Hey Fairieimp!      Black is a pain but easy to fix.   If I have cotton clothes or anything black that fades like your skirt might have I just freshen it up with a box of black RIT dye from the grocery/craft/fabric store.   It is not really permanent and will fade again over time, but it is cheap, quick and easy and can be done in your washing machine which makes for NO clean up!   Just run a hot soapy load after the dye job and you will be fine.  Run your cold rinse cycle twice is the only thing I add to the directions on the box.  And don't overstuff  the machine if you decide to do a couple pieces at once.   I am an early 80s baby so we used to over dye jeans this way all the time

THANK YOU!
It's just the skirt that needs to be done. It's one of those giant 25 yarders from the Royal Clothier at the front gate (my favorite skirt TBH; I wear it all the time!).

Minor aggravation with work. It seems that schools do not understand the importance of GARF opening day and did not schedule their proms accordingly, and since most of my coworkers are high school seniors, I will not get to stay for the entirety of the festival that day.  >:( Not pleased.
"A halo is just one more thing to keep clean."

I am Margaret Rennell, you can call me Meg. :)