News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Looking forward to 2012

Started by amy, January 30, 2012, 10:59:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amy

Thank you Ian,  You know the M'Cracks will gladly absorb you and so many are R/F members...

Fairieimp - I really hope the dye works well on your favorite skirt and be sure to look for me to say hello!

SirBruce_TheTemplar

Who are the M'Cracks? I'll be down in Georgia for the faire on the 5th of May and am looking for some people to connect with in the event I go alone.

(I'll be coming from Michigan)

amy

Hmmm.. How to describe the M'Cracks.  They are a social group that was originally formed in TX with the purpose of enjoying friends and fellowhship in the RennFaire environment.   It's main purpurse is to make the experience more fun and so that no matter where you visit or travel, you have friends and family waiting for you.      We all have a M'Crack name and a local "cheif".......and...  sometimes....  there could be Guinness involved!  

There is a M'Crack forum page in Squires Tavern I believe.    Sir Bruce...I can't imagine where in Georgia you wouldn't fit in?   A Scotsman AND a Templar.  You have hit the two best types of men!  ( assuming your "Bruce" in it's historical context)   I go alone to some these events too but am never truly alone.    OH and there is a very large contingent of M'Cracks in MI!!

Monsignor de Beaumanoir

Quote from: amy on April 09, 2012, 06:36:30 AM
Sir Bruce...I can't imagine where in Georgia you wouldn't fit in?   A Scotsman AND a Templar.  You have hit the two best types of me(a)n!  I go alone to some these events too but am never truly alone.   

Yes Brother, there will be a few Warrior Monks in attendance throughout the season. Opening day carries promises of belonging to the Brethren of the Hospital. (I'll don the black to give increased numbers to them, as they always seem to be more prevelant) (I was and am still tempted to wear the habit from Fishers last year........damn it........what to wear, what to wear????)

Do you have photos of your persona? If so, please visit us in the Following Orders thread!  ;D

And the Lady Amy is never alone......I've seen Kings and Queens flock to her presence at GARF on more than one occasion! (Yup...got photos!)

And yes, the eye patch is coming. Even with it on, I'll still see twice as much as a "dane" who stolls aimlessly about the grounds....

amy

Kind Brother you flatter!   But nice to hear since Warrior Monks tell the truth in all things no matter the outcome right?

Monsignor de Beaumanoir

If it keeps the Orders in the good graces of others.....absolutely.  ;D ;) :P

SirBruce_TheTemplar

Yes WM, I have pictures up from the previous years Renaissance Festival when my costume was in it's beginnings, but now I have invested somewhere around nine hundred dollars into it and it will be much nicer, while however much warmer, I'm now realizing why I see all of the armoured men standing in the shade most of the time while I am at the festival.

As for my character, I do not have his humble beginnings mapped out yet, but hopefully in due time I shall.

And yes Amy, I am a Scottsman AND and Irishman by birth, as my last name is McFadden.

amy

SirBruce you must lead a charmed life indeed!

Monsignor de Beaumanoir

Quote from: SirBruce_TheTemplar on April 09, 2012, 12:25:00 PM
Yes WM, I have pictures up from the previous years Renaissance Festival when my costume was in it's beginnings, but now I have invested somewhere around nine hundred dollars into it and it will be much nicer, while however much warmer, I'm now realizing why I see all of the armoured men standing in the shade most of the time while I am at the festival.

Where Brother, where? Inquiring minds would like to see.....

SirBruce_TheTemplar

This was from last year.

I've added about nine hundred dollars worth of items and hopefully can get pictures up soon of the new stuff.

bittersweetheart

5 days until opening day. Totally stoked. We won't be attending faire until Sunday, though. Looking forward to wearing my new bodice, which should be here in a few days. :) Hope all is well out there.
Life is Beautiful...

Monsignor de Beaumanoir

Quote from: SirBruce_TheTemplar on April 09, 2012, 11:26:21 PM

Huzzah! And great start! Looking forward to seeing these newly purchased additions.  ;D

amy

I love the previews!   Counting the minutes and the pearls still left to go!

iain robb

This is what my wife and I look like. I'll be in a black doublet instead of the red. The red one is heavy wool and too warm; my black one is cotton. But I'll likely wear the same kilt on Saturday.

amy

A handsome couple indeed!  I will be sure to speak up as soon as I find you!     I hope to be wearing the new grey/blue Italian 1400s gown..  If the elves would just leave the shoemaker alone and come finish it!