News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Time to get fired up about the 2012 season! Everyone's Favorite KCRF Act?

Started by kcdcchef, January 30, 2012, 12:39:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merlin the Elder

Gawd it's good to find someone as weird as me, Gauwyn! It's really outa-state!
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

kcdcchef

you guys ever see the 80's flick "Better Off Dead", with John Cusack? David Ogden Stiers played the dad, and was trying to learn slang.

"Come on Lane, Mellow Off!!"

"Man you're really bringing me over"/

Right OFF!!!!!!"

Great flick.

Butch

Merlin, definitely post when you're gonna be out here, we'll try to coordinate something!  Yes, Gauwyn, his family, and mine hit it off pretty early!  At KC, aside from the infectiously jubulant Tamtaro, we also have Gem as a regular in our lanes.  We try to meet all of our RF.com bretheren; we've met so many.  The Baron and Baroness of (man, where's my memory?), Lord and Lady Spicer,...and so many more, wow I can picture faces but cannot remember names!

The one thing I've found that the KCRF does better than most is staying in character.  The actors do not come out of the period for anything.  I feel that adds a lot to the ambiance.

Although KCDCChef has been coming to the KCRF for like DECADES, I have yet to meet him!  Maybe someday!

And yes, we are planning on being at the RenDezVous with everyone else this year.  Last year's was such a hoot; I only hope this one will be half as nice!

kcdcchef

Quote from: Butch on February 24, 2012, 10:34:29 AM

The one thing I've found that the KCRF does better than most is staying in character.  The actors do not come out of the period for anything.  I feel that adds a lot to the ambiance.

Although KCDCChef has been coming to the KCRF for like DECADES, I have yet to meet him!  Maybe someday!

agreed on the characters never breaking, it's awesome. a very wonderful young lady who was my girlfriend in the 90's, then i moved to east coast, she sent me letters during 9/11 wondering if i lived through it, we meet up on FB 2 years ago and are both floored that i've been going for 30  years and she's been working there for 3, are both excited to say hello to one another after 14 years of silence. run into her, she WON'T BREAK CHARACTER TO SAY HELLO TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

butch agreeed, after 31 seasons, it's time we meet.

Tamtaro

I heard Limeybirds are NOT going to be at St. Louis Ren Fest :'(  Will they be at KCRF?  They are super-limey and delicious!  I wish we could have a super-secret (aka not secret) preview of what performers and shows are being lined up!!

kcdcchef

go on the performers page, it's where I go to be "in the know" on what's coming!

Delireus

I love the Limeybirds, that would be so cool if they would come to KC :)

I've just found out that the weekend of Sept. 22nd and 23rd is going to be a steampunk weekend (as well as Threads of Time
(Irish Fest, and Legend Quest weekend) and that's super exciting for me and my steampunk club.

In fact, the reason there is a steampunk weekend is because of an awesome woman who is having a Dr. Who themed wedding in the Tradewinds Pirates Cove! She asked management if they would have a steampunk themed weekend and they finally said yes. I will be going that weekend and possibly the weekend after as well.

I think KCRF just put a link up on facebook about tickets on sale, and it's starting to feel like faire time!
- Shanon (with just 1 N)

Home is where
the faire is

Butch

Just bought my son's and my season passes this week!  Wheee!

Tamtaro

Quote from: Butch on June 24, 2012, 07:03:08 PM
Just bought my son's and my season passes this week!  Wheee!
Happy dance!!  (Jealous dance!! :D)  Cashing in the change jar for my season pass is an annual ritual - it's not feeling quite there yet (the change jar, not my ren fest giddies!!), but it will be sooooooon! ;D

Tamtaro

And P.S. 2 months till the gates of Canterbury open!!  Yippeeeee!

Craigmeister

Thanks for the suggestions on acts.  Looks like I'll be able to make it to KCRF this fall.  I don't recognize many of the names except the Tulstin Troubadors.  Can anybody else recommend more acts to see/hear?
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

kcdcchef

The Jolly Rogers - it's just what KCRF is known for. One of their original acts and one of the funniest ever. Very bawdy pirate humor and just an all around fun group. Very entertaining.

Musical Blades-  same as above, original KCRF group, funny pirate stuff. VERY funny pirate stuff. Crowd sings along with their stuff because they've been there so long.

Pub Sing- end of day at Three Lions. All acts come together, and it's hilarioius. You'll laugh so hard. All the acts participate.

Anything on Three Lions Stage. Always funny stuff.

Washer Well Wenches - most faires have a show like them, but they're still funny as hell.

Axel the sot - funny FUNNY guy. He's been all around, but he's back in 2012.

Lady Renee Buchanan

One of the Bristol regulars is performing this year at the KCRF.  I'm not sure if it's every weekend, or if he is/was there only a few, but he may be there as Tinker McRae or with his trio, Trinkets.

Tinker does Irish and Scottish music and not only sings, but tells you a short background of the songs.  He is well-loved at Bristol and has a huge following at his shows.

Worth going to, definitely.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Butch

Thank-you Lady Renee!  I saw Tinker McRae today, and thoroughly enjoyed him!  He's there for the run of the faire, except for Columbus Day weekend.  He was by himself today, but will return for the final weekend with his daughter, and will perform as Trinkets, but only 2/3!  Yes, catch him if you can!