News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Contacting Management?

Started by Fireflicker, February 03, 2012, 08:13:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fireflicker

Hey all!
I'm trying to come out and visit Arizona in March if possible, but I'm afraid I need some advice from you all, if you would be so kind!

Based on previous experiences with Entertainment Directors I find that giving some warning is necessary so they don't kick my scaly dragon butt right out ;) I've send a few emails to the email address posted on the website and haven't gotten a reply for quite some time. I'll probably call in the next few days if I don't get a reply, but would you all know the best way to get in contact with the Entertainment Director of Arizona? Would it be better to email someone (General Inquires, etc.) else with regards to attending Arizona in costume?
Travel plans won't wait forever I'm afraid ;D

Thank you all so very much!
*bows*

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

When in March you going FF? Toki and I are going the 1st weekend in March. Would be nice to see a face we know
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Fireflicker

I'm going the first weekend in March as well! It will be great to see a familiar face at ARF! Hopefully we'll see each other there (:

RedHatQueen

After weeks of phone calls, voicemail messages and even emails..I had to stop during my workday and call the Faire contact number...if you push Zero, you will get a live person and hopefully they can answer your question...but if you call and leave a message..good luck..its been 4 weeks for me and not a call back or even an email.
Red Hat Ren Queen a.k.a Mari

crazyrennie

What kind of costume are you speaking of?
There are many costumes that I hae seen come through the gate and to the best of my memory-
only one has been stopped...

Crazy

Fireflicker

RedHatQueen - I suppose I can try calling then but if you aren't having any luck I doubt mine will be much better.... I really hate showing up and just hoping that management will be ok with the costume after spending the money and time traveling to the festival but that might be the only option....

crazyrennie - You can see some pictures of it here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fireflicker/141869199176620 and here: http://waite.smugmug.com/Events/Colorado-Renaissance-Festival/FireFlicker/18300710_Bj4GPm#!i=1408572187&k=j8rS3hL

CecilyWilkins

Quote from: Fireflicker on February 06, 2012, 01:31:20 PM

crazyrennie - You can see some pictures of it here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fireflicker/141869199176620 and here: http://waite.smugmug.com/Events/Colorado-Renaissance-Festival/FireFlicker/18300710_Bj4GPm#!i=1408572187&k=j8rS3hL

WOW, I love it! Absolutely fantastic. On what grounds have you ever been kicked out? Were they afraid you'd make everyone else look bad? ;)

Comte de Gilbert

I seriously doubt anyone here would take exception to that costume. The only time I've known anyone to be not admitted or kickedout was for being scantly clad, and indecently dressed. I really can't seethis being an issue.
Those that live by the sword, lose to those that live by the gun

crazyrennie

I concur-Yesterday I saw someone dressed as a horse-
Crazy

Fireflicker

Ha ha I'd love to meet that person!

I've just had problems in the past at faires that I won't name with the costume and interacting with people. I've been approached my security and almost thrown out because of that - when I'm at the festival I love interacting with people as the character, acting in character, taking pictures with people, etc. and I've had directors get upset about me interacting with the public in such a way.

I can understand that - people will assume that I'm cast and I do my absolute best to respect the festival and represent them in the best light possible. But after previous experiences, I'd love to meet with the directors or talk to them. I don't mind signing a guest contract or whatever they require, but I can't go in costume and not be the character; it's just an integral part of it.

I'll probably try calling the entertainment director in the next few days and seeing if I get an answer. (:

Merlin the Elder

Quote from: crazyrennie on February 13, 2012, 09:09:19 AM
I concur-Yesterday I saw someone dressed as a horse-
Crazy
You sure it wasn't the Centaur? He was at Sherwood Forest opening weekend—it was cold enough that we got some sleet on Sunday! I'll bet he was chilly! I'm not sure what faire this picture was taken at.

Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Norfolk

I suspect this photo was taken at TRF.  Is that not TRF's "parthenon" in the background?
Just call me "Your Grace"

Merlin the Elder

Quote from: Baron on February 29, 2012, 09:35:03 AM
I suspect this photo was taken at TRF.  Is that not TRF's "parthenon" in the background?
I don't know. I haven't been to TRF in more than 20 years.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Amara Deegan

I have seen that same Centaur at the TRF and I do believe that photo was taken at the TRF based on landmarks in the background. Last I saw him there was in 2008 and he was somewhat thinner, lol.

Comte de Gilbert

Glad to have you in town for a visit  :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Those that live by the sword, lose to those that live by the gun