News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

A little advise please :-)

Started by Adriana Rose, February 04, 2012, 09:29:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyStitch

A friend of mine used a pomade stuff on her hair for a cool 1940's do, well it didn't want to let go, as in 3 days didn't want to let go.  So, we pulled out the trust home helpers guide from 1950's and read what we are to do. Under, "If your child get's into your styling gel" we found.  Mix a solution in a sqeeze bottle of dawn soap,and  white vinegar.   Just wash your hair with that 1-2 soapings and it will get it out.  We were skeptical but funny enough it works wonders.

When I was pregant I had ALOT of oil in my hair, and I ended up using a mixture of dawn soap, white vinegar, and baby shampoo on my hair every other day.  It worked wonders.  I always keep a sqeezy bottle around with the mix in it.  Best stuff to get product out of wigs and hair.  Now my actors are using it to get stuff out of their hair after shows.

BTW this mix will get white shoe polish out of hair and beards with just 3 soapings vs 3 days of washing and half your skin missing. (Don't ask how I know that.)
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

Elennare

The baby shampoo is also excellent for removing theatrical makeup. :) 
My (infrequently updated) costume blog: http://manufactorumbrandis.wordpress.com/

Merlin the Elder

Not only that, but baby shampoo is a lot easier on the old olfactories than baby realpoo...  (okay...yeah...that was real bad...I'm just excited about faire this weekend!)
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...