News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Corset Busks

Started by gusjodi, February 06, 2012, 12:15:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gusjodi

Does anyone know where to buy corset busks wholesale? These puppies are spendy when you buy a bunch a retail prices.

isabelladangelo

If you are looking for Victorian Corset busks, there are plenty of sellers that sell them on ebay for a reasonable price.  For actual late 16th C into the 17th C pair of bodies busks - i think most people end up carving them themselves. 

Personally, for my Victorian and Edwardian corsets I wear to re-enactments, I loathe busks.  Those hooks and I do not get along.   I've gone to another very period front closure- buttons!   Flat, round buttons were very often used in Victorian and Edwardian corsetry.   If you decide for an alternative to busks, buttons may be another way to go!   If you like, I have several photos of extant corsets with buttons (some are from my site, some aren't.   I keep them on file for documentation purposes)

amy

Sorry I can't help specifically, but I do know that they are free at Home Depot if you are like me and use paint sticks sanded down.

Dinobabe

Quote from: amy on February 06, 2012, 10:51:14 AM
Sorry I can't help specifically, but I do know that they are free at Home Depot if you are like me and use paint sticks sanded down.

OH!  You beat me to it.  Mine is made from a paint stick and it looks great! ;D
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

Anna Iram

Paint stick here as well.  :D

Butch

I've made them using a web belt (I don't wear them myself!)

Rani Zemirah

I have the feeling she might be asking for the metal type...

Here are a few retailers of either the metal variety, or both metal and wooden, some of which also offer wholesale options...

Dragon Corset Supply

Corset Making Supplies

Farthingale's Corset Making Supplies

Vena Cava Design

Hope you can find some good prices in some of these sites! 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede