News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Our first year here!! Question about campgrounds..

Started by Duke of Remington, January 26, 2012, 10:48:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sloth

Oh Merlin, please don't mistake. I've never needed or sought electricity when camping. I like to rough it with the best of them. I mostly just asked, because one of the girls coming with us tends to always blow her hair dry when she washes it. figured I'd ask preemptively, so she didn't waste the space in the bags. I, myself, Like to get away from it all when at faire.  Give me a fire and a couple of bottles of water and I'm a happy camper (pun intended).

*Teach*

Several people have generators in the camping areas but I don't think anyone brought any in the PR clan area last year. We bring one of the jumpstart/charger power pack things to do stuff like charge phones etc but I couldnt find one with enough wattage to run a regular hair dryer. There is a camping hair dryer that they could buy from academy that runs off of the cigarette lighter in the car. (My Love brings one is how I know)

*I am happy with a spot of ground and a bottle of rum. My Lovely Lady requests... a bit more comfort*
*Got more Rum?* "Here, Try This!"
http://forums.wearephoenixrisen.com

Merlin the Elder

We might just have to try camping next year.  We're carrying passengers this year, so it's not an option. It's been 20 years since we last camped, I think.  They actually make a tent that connects to Homer, the Odyssey.  It would be fun to rough it again!
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

*Teach*

We would be glad to welcome you to our clan area if you wanted Elder.

*anyone thousands of years old should know some good rums*

Merlin the Elder

heheh.. dunno about rums, Teach, but I could easily recommend a good Tennessee Sour Mash....

See you next weekend, eh?

beckgam462

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on February 01, 2012, 06:32:19 PM
heheh.. dunno about rums, Teach, but I could easily recommend a good Tennessee Sour Mash....

I wish merlin  next week, Not for us  :-[ :-[
sherwood cancelled for us until at least til  mid march

will see you at Scarby on the weekend of the 14th

in the bilge with the vermin
Procrastination wannabe
Life Time member "Cottonbalers"';  Volens et Potens

Merlin the Elder

Aww! Bummer, for sure!  Was looking forward to seeing you guys there. But, yeah, still on for Scarby!

*Teach*

Not as much a fan of the whiskeys. That was my younger days, I moved on to better things lol
But yep, see ya next weekend!

*rum=better*

PollyPoPo

That's another great thing about camping at Sherwood with the Clans - just wait long enough at your campfire and a visitor will come along with something most drinkable.  Or, alternately, do a walk-about with something to share and no telling what you'll run across in your travels.

Polly PoPo
(aka Grannie)

maeven

No big kid beverages, just juice boxes and water for me this time around! :) lol
*Short enough to not reach the pedals, tall enough for the rides at Six Flags!*

I'm splendid. That is all.

AHE 2013 RenNado Survivor

PyroMaster

Quote from: *Teach* on January 26, 2012, 11:18:06 AM
The campgrounds are smaller than TRF but are more controlled (as in there is better security).
If you like roughing it like at TRF then you will like it here too.

*Bring rum and camp, thats the basic plan I go with*

When you see a silver-gray pickup with the lightbar on top drive by, that will be me making a security round through the campground to make sure everyone is ok. Sometimes it takes half an hour to make the circle after stopping many times to chat with folks. :)

Mark
Do not burden yourself with the secrets of scary people.

replicant

I approve this comment ..

Merlin the Elder

Quote from: replicant on February 02, 2012, 09:10:24 PM

I approve this comment ..
see me at tailgate...  ;D

PyroMaster

By the way, remember that campfires must be in a covered fire pit. No open fires on the ground!
Do not burden yourself with the secrets of scary people.