News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Attempting to meet more people/Meeting places

Started by Amara Deegan, February 12, 2012, 09:21:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amara Deegan

Thank you. My sister and I will be there today. No Red Hat Queen unfortunately. Just a pirate and a fairy.

EDIT:
I felt so bad wearing jeans today. I felt so...normal! I did try to wear the rest of my piratey things, but it didn't help. I needed the jeans today though to make certain things easier on me. Full costume both days next weekend! My sister had a blast and really enjoyed herself. New pictures are up on my FB and will be up on Photobucket later. I need to pass out now. I'm actually surprised I made the whole day.

Comte de Gilbert: I saw you in the VIP lot before cannon, but was distracted by other needs. Next weekend!

Crazy: My sister found someone dressed as Link and ran around him saying "Hey! Listen!" until he was annoyed. She wants to know if she gets her geek card back or not, lol.

Comte de Gilbert

Will be on the green likely playing Bocci right after cannon in front of theRoyal Pavillion.
Those that live by the sword, lose to those that live by the gun

Amara Deegan

I will be there both days this closing weekend and so wil Red Hat Queen even if I have to tie her up and throw her in my trunk.

crazyrennie

Amara Deegan

RedHatQueen

LMAO...Amara Amara...tie me up tie me down woe baby..lol  I shall be there, granted with eyes behind my head but I shall be there and we shall kick up our heels these last 2 days.  ? ;)
Red Hat Ren Queen a.k.a Mari

Amara Deegan

Red Hat Queen and I got fried today so we left really early. Finally got my own belt so I don't have to keep using RHQ's. I got a lot this Faire! A whole new outfit (from which I could make several), a flintlock, holster for the flintlock, wood mug, and now the belt. I over spent... With tomorrow being the last day, what ever shall I do with myself on the weekends now? Guess it's back to pillaging and plundering.

Comte de Gilbert: Pleasure to finally meet you in person. Albeit a very brief meeting at the time. Honestly, we both felt a bit awkward for the moment because most of the court was there. We didn't know if you all were about to do something and didn't want to intrude. 

Comte de Gilbert

Was a pleasure to meet you both as well. We were just having a snack, and holding up in the shade. If I would have know it was awkward for you, I would have drug you up front to meet everyone  :P  :D seriously though, I was glad tomeet you both. Today will be much cooler, will be in the red. come see uson the green playing bocci after cannon in front of the royal pavillion. I'm sure Lady Isabella would love to meet you as well if you haven't had the chance yet. yes the court will be there, but interacting with everyone is the whole point  ;D
Those that live by the sword, lose to those that live by the gun

Amara Deegan

Last day! Oh my! I don't know what to do with myself!

Well, I will actually disappear for a while with maybe a rare appearance. If you saw me these past two weekends with a far off look it is because a lot has been on my mind. My step-mom has been battling cancer and recently was told she has 2-6 months left to live. My dad is providing hospice care for her out of his house and needs my help. It will be exhausting and demanding and near 24/7. I don't expect to be on much (here or any other site) and even if I am it would really only be to lurk in the shadows.

Comte de Gilbert: It was my past experience with Faire Court that was clouding my judgement. It was not always a pleasant experience, but guess I should have known better since this Faire has been kinder to me from the very start. I did see you today, but I was eating (excuses, excuses). I had actually just walked up and tagged His Majesty for the pirates and when I sat back down I saw you along with other Court walk up in front of the food court.

RedHatQueen

Well 2012 ARF is over but it was grand to be back after a 2 year absence. Familiar faces, old friends and new ones made.

A BIG thank you to Amara Deegan for taking me to Faire this year, it was an empowering experience to be back and she and a few others know the real reason why.

It was great to see Crazie Rennie again and meet the lovely Lady Sara.  I was nice meeting The Compte de Gilbert as well even if it was just briefly.  Putting faces to RF names is wonderful.  Looking forward to making it again in 2013.  Until then the very best to all of you.

Mari aka RHQ (Red Hat Queen)
Red Hat Ren Queen a.k.a Mari

Amara Deegan

Disregard my last post about being a ghost for 2-6 months. My stepmom passed peacefully at 4:15pm this afternoon.

Merlin the Elder

I'm sorry to hear that, Amara... I know you don't know me, but my mom is nearing the end as well, so I know some of what you're feeling.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Amara Deegan

Thank you and I'm sorry to hear you are going through similar, Merlin.

Merlin the Elder

Well, thank you too. It's all part of the cycle, whether we like it or not.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Amara Deegan

Of course. I'm just relieved she is no longer in pain anymore.