News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Opening weekend report from the old phart

Started by mpullen, February 14, 2012, 06:35:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mpullen

Seems I missed the tailgate party Saturday morning. I was busy cleaning up the Seven Sisters and getting folks directed in the Patrons campgrounds. Can I say that folks who are 10 ft from the fire and drop their cigarette butts on the ground deserve their own level in hell? That "butt" cleanup takes up about half of my time cleaning up the circle.

For Saturday, started the bonfire well before the dusk closing ceremony. Saw that no one was around and started fire. Within 10 minutes, I couldn't get close enough to warm up (like moths to the fire).

Sunday morning, my Son and I were travelling along the back roads and I mentioned that a bonfire would be nice. About 20 seconds later, the staff radio stated that a bonfire would be nice. Oh yeh, got that beast stoked and flaming within 30 minutes. About that time, my right calf blew out with burst capalaries (felt like leg was broken) due to lifting large logs. I had to take a 3 hour timeout and then back to stoking up the fire for the evening. I wish to thank those folks who took pity and helped me haul wood to the fire.

The snow and sleet Sunday afternoon were repeats of what we had in the 2010 opening season. Then, when I saw it, thought there was a fire nearby dropping ashes on us.

All told, I still had a soul refreshing weekend and looking forward to the next 7 weekends.

Merlin the Elder

Quote from: mpullen on February 14, 2012, 06:35:28 PM... Can I say that folks who are 10 ft from the fire and drop their cigarette butts on the ground deserve their own level in hell? ....

They don't deserve hell...it's far too good for them.  I used to smoke, and never pitched butts. I've seen people standing at one of those free-standing ashtrays pitch their butts out onto the lawn. Jerks...

Dang, Mike! You must have blown your leg right after we walked away! Between you and Queen Bonnie, we may need to hire a doctor!  In fact, Nim said you really need to get that checked out, if you haven't already. We can't afford to lose you.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...